How About Pitt vs. Pritzker

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ec37

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is the choice I have to make. I've read discussion between Pitt vs. Pritzker and I was hoping that those familiar with these schools especially with Pitt can say how they feel about this comparison. I have the impression that Pitt is geared towards those with an interest in family medicine. Do you agree?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, first year med student at Pitt here. I also interviewed at Chicago and so have a little familiarity with it.

I'd say the MAJOR difference between the two is the curriculum. Pitt has PBL as well as lecture, Chicago is just lecture. Very traditional. I must say, I got a very "let us tell you how many nobel prize winners there are on our faculty" at Chicago, while Pitt is much more down-to-earth. Both schools are research and specialty oriented. Lots of fourth years here this year matched into things like "maxillofacial surgery" and only a couple into family medicine. However, there is a strong presence of family medicine here. There are also new initiatives in geriatrics and palliative care which have found their way into the curriculum. So my impression is that Pitt is a bit stronger in the less-techie, more touchy-feely sorts of medicine than Chicago. And, of course, we're also well-known for our friendly and diverse student body. :)