How accurate is USC Online Status?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jj007

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering on how accurate the USC online status is.
http://dent-web01.usc.edu/admissions/

I checked my status, and it shows that fee was not paid (even though they cashed my check) and that they still have not received my DAT score (which was sent months ago).

Currently, it doesn't give me a good impression of the school.

Members don't see this ad.

That may be but I wouldnt let that discourage you from the school because it sounds like almost every school is a little off with all their updates. I would make your judgement at the interview if you get one.

most of all the school's status pages are usually pretty slow to reflect the actual status.

they will be updated, but usually schools have certain day of the week when they update their website (let's say every Friday they will update the status).

USC receives over 3000 applicants, so the admissions office will not update 3000 files everyday.

Members don't see this ad :)
In the past they have been notoriously slow. Previous year's threads will confirm.

the admissions office is swamped with phone calls so delays are inevitable. Be patient and wait for e-mails because that is how they notify you of interview and acceptances

Does USC have a secondary application? I found out that the reason why my official DAT score wasn't showing up was that they didn't have my social security number. For those who got interviewed or have completed their application, how did they get your social security number? Did USC request it from you by email, phone, secondary application?

Does USC have a secondary application? I found out that the reason why my official DAT score wasn't showing up was that they didn't have my social security number. For those who got interviewed or have completed their application, how did they get your social security number? Did USC request it from you by email, phone, secondary application?

You put your SS number on your AADSAS application.

I did check, but the AADSAS application does NOT ask for your SS.

I called USC today because they had not posted my payment on the application status and I have record of them cashing my check in August. They told me that as long as the check is cashed you have nothing to worry about.

The AADSAS application DOES ask for your SSN. If you look on the left hand side of the AADSAS application page under "My tools" there is a section labeled " My profile." Under the "My profile" section it has "Change my SSN/SIN."

OK... I emailed the guy on the check status page. He told me that should wait for a while for these updates. Then, he notified me that everything is on file. So, don't worry. The online status will take a little longer... ;)

yeah this site along with other school's own status sites aren't very good at updating them (i've been checking UoP website everyday but no changes at all haha)

USC website didnt even update my status when i confirmed my interview until few days later

Thanks txgirl. I see it now. It's interesting that it allowed me to e-submit my application without complaining about the SSN since it is requirement. :)

I was wondering on how accurate the USC online status is.
http://dent-web01.usc.edu/admissions/

I checked my status, and it shows that fee was not paid (even though they cashed my check) and that they still have not received my DAT score (which was sent months ago).

Currently, it doesn't give me a good impression of the school.
I interviewed at the school couple of days ago, and I loved almost everything about it (except the price tag!!!).
Nevertheless, you should call the admissions office. USC sends out a receipt in the mail confirming that they have received your check. If you haven't received that letter then it means they don't have your check, regardless of what the online status says.