Medical How am I doing as a freshman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantacles

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a rising sophomore @ a big state school in my state (t50), and I wanted to know how I'm doing. I'm aiming to get into a t30 med school maybe even higher who knows, so I've been giving it my all. Right now it's summer, and I have a little bit of time to relax, so I thought I would post here to see if I could improve upon what I have. I know that all this means nothing without a high MCAT score, so I will take all of your comments with a grain of salt until I take my MCAT. Until then, I would like to see how I could improve upon myself. So heres my current "application" for medical school.

- 200 Hours in a chem research lab (will most likely get at least one pub by the time I apply to med school)
- athlete for a club sport for my school (around 200 hours given)
- eboard on my school's chem society
- Crisis Text line Counselor - 75 hours as of right now, but will be at least 230 hours by the time I apply
- 10 hours in a clinical volunteering organization at my school
- 45 hours of shadowing in ER
- 10 hours shadowing a physical therapy clinic
gpa: 3.95

rn, i'm trying to get some clinical volunteering @ a clinic or hospital, but it's been pretty difficult as of right now, but i'm gonna keep trying. thanks for the help everyone. I plan to use this thread as insight on my next steps.
Keep doing what you're doing. The most important thing you can do to get into medical school is to do well on your MCAT.

Members don't see this ad.

Yep, I plan to set some time aside and really study for the test. Right now, I'm not very content with what I'm doing, but I guess if you're saying I'm doing fine then I should chill out. However, if you any idea pops up in your head on anything I should focus on / improve on in terms of my activities then feel free to message this thread again. thanks again for your time.

Focus on getting good grades and doing well on the MCAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.