How am I doing? PharmD-MD/DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mik30102

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all I just wanted to see how I am doing with my projected activities/grades. I will be applying for the class of 2019. I am a pharmacy student making the switch to medicine, and I feel it is well addressed why in my personal statement. I also will not have a bachelors, but from the schools I called the Pharm D will replace this.

Activities (Hours projected by time I apply):

Hospice: ~40 hours over 2.5 Years
Soup Kitchen: ~80 hours of 2.5 years
ER volunteer: ~70 hours over 1 year
Refugee mentor (helped them get adjusted to the U.S.)- ~30 hours over 1 year
Peer Mentor for incoming freshman- 2 years
Molecular Bio research- 5 credits
KEEP screenings- About 15 hours over 1 year
Script your future coordinator- Program I helped run where we talked to the community about medication compliance
Habbiatat for hummanity for a day, and the occasional ronald macdonald house
Shadowed a rectal surgeon for a day
Will shadow a family medicine DO next month for a few days, hope to get a letter

Also 40 hours in a nursing home, and 40 hours working with a physician making recommendations on medications as part of my curriculum

GPA;
For DO sgpa is about 3.85 with similar cgpa
For MD sgpa is about 3.65 with similar cgpa (its much lower since my pharmacy courses only count for DO)
I'm top 20% of my class and part of a pharmacy honor society (Rho Chi)

MCAT:
Projected balanced high 20s (27-30) based on scores from review books.

Forgot to add I'm a white male, NY resident (In particular LI if NYCOM/Hostfra like people from LI).
Thanks everyone for the input.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I can't tell you what your chances are but you seem like a good candidate. Why are you moving from pharmacy to medicine? Do you have a Pharm.D? I'm a pharmacy student and I want to do the same. What did you write in your personal statement?

I will have my pharm D. by the time I apply. More or less I wrote about wanting to diagnose, wanting to treat patients in a more direct way, and not being able see/feel how I help patients as a pharmacist in most cases.