How am I going to spend my Thanksgiving break?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Karina

Surgeon in training...
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
STUDYING?
I should be really excited about Thanksgiving. I am flying out to Tucson to have dinner with my boyfriend's dad and his wife. I love the desert and I haven't seen my boyfriend in 3 months, so I should be excited, right?

Well I am...but on the other hand, I have to write 2 papers while I am gone. And when I come back, I have 3 exams in 2 days. And I should really start preparing for my Organic Final while I am gone...
But whatever...this is the price of being a student...

Just thought I'd share something completely irrelevant :p

Take Care!
Karina

Members don't see this ad.

I like irrelevant! :) Net time stick it in "The Lounge" to get equally irrelevant replies! :D

good luck juggling your exams!:)

wednesday: study for biengineering exam

thurdsday: work on biochemistry presentation, do french homework, study for french exam

friday: write 2 english essays, work on biengineering paper

saturday: study for biochemical engr exam, practice biochemistry presentation

sunday: Study for bioengineering exam, biochemical engr. exam and practice Biochemistry presentation

Happy Thanksgiving! :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
wednesday: drive to my parents' house
thursday: eat
friday: hang out with friends
saturday: drive home, print out interview preparation like a madwoman
sunday: fly to first interview, prepare for interview on plane

aaah... the working world :)

don't study too hard over thanksgiving!!! holidays are meant for fun.

Why not really put in some good effort Sat/Sun/Mon/Tues/Wed and then enjoy the desert and your boyfriend and his family for the whole break knowing you put in the time beforehand? --Trek

well, family is gone..all of them....probably vill sit @ home.

Well I have an exciting week planned, not:

Tuesday: work and take my friend to the bus station so he can
go to West Virginia and see his gf

Wednesday: work

Thursday: Thanksgiving dinner with the family

Friday: work and work on my paper for journal submission

Saturday: probably work some and go shopping and prepare
for my MD/PhD interview

Sunday : goof off and more shopping

Somewhere in here I need to get my brakes replaced and front end aligned but I'm not sure where. Oh, and read the 13 journal articles I have to read for my lab practical and write my lab report.

I'll be studying for finals... fun, fun, fun. :)

Studying for Physic Lab pratical Exam, Physic test, organic final, genetics test, genetics final, organic lab test, writing genetics paper, religion test, and doing sociology paper. Well I guess its pizza this thangsgiving:laugh: :( +pissed+

i'll be reading an 800 page George Eliot novel. that should take pretty much the whole break :p

U of I gets a full week of at Thanksgiving. And since I'm only taking 10 hours this semester, my schedule is...

Sun: watch football

Mon-Wed: sit on butt, watch bad daytime TV

Thurs: watch football and eat two turkey dinners (one at each grandparents')

Fri: Marathon sport shopping. Gotta get those Doorbusters sales at 6am. ;)

Sat and Sun: get Christmas tree, put up decorations, bake cookies

All in all, not a bad week. :)

Woots,
you guys at U of I are lucky to get a week long break. I don't understand how two sister schools, UIC and U of I, can be so different. We only have holidays from thursday-Sunday.

well,
Monday: Classes and Work on my lab report and paper and study for physics quiz.

Tuesday: Classes and Work on my lab report
Wednesday: classes are cancelled but I will be putting finishing touches and turn in my lab report and go home.

Thursday-Sunday: (in any order)
Relax with family, catch up in physics read two shakespear's plays, study for finals, go shopping (ughh!!) , and hang out with a friend, whom i haven't seen in a month.

I am working a 12 hour shift on the ambulance (private comp.) on Thurs which will probably turn into 14 hours. Those dialysis centers never close ;) .