how anal is AMCAS processing?????????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QuantumMechanic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
please someone who has applied in past years, give me some info:

How anal is the AMCAS processing? For example, my transcript has all the courses listed with every letter capitalized. Do I have to do the same when I enter it into AMCAS or can it be similar (only the first letter of each word capitalized). I am pretty frustrated by the vague AMCAS instructions which could be much more explicit. I just don't want to have to deal with the primary app again after I submit it!

Members don't see this ad.

quantummechanic said:

How anal is the AMCAS processing? For example, my transcript has all the courses listed with every letter capitalized. Do I have to do the same when I enter it into AMCAS or can it be similar (only the first letter of each word capitalized). I am pretty frustrated by the vague AMCAS instructions which could be much more explicit. I just don't want to have to deal with the primary app again after I submit it!
Don't worry about capitalizations. I even had to abbreviate words (and spelled out some words that were abbreviated on my transcript) and I had not problems.

so for a class that is listed as (this is only part of the name obviously) HST&REL on the transcript, I can type it out as History & Religion and they won't have a hissy fit, even though I typed it in not as how it was on the transcript (which is what they say to do in the instructions)??????????

Members don't see this ad :)
quantummechanic said:
so for a class that is listed as (this is only part of the name obviously) HST&REL on the transcript, I can type it out as History & Religion and they won't have a hissy fit, even though I typed it in not as how it was on the transcript (which is what they say to do in the instructions)??????????
I will give you an example:
my transcipt="ELEMENTARY SPAN-I"
I put="Elementary Spanish - Part I"

They are not that anal and some of my class names I think the transcript abbreviates weird. My AMCAS was verified very quickly. I submitted it then 1.5 weeks later I checked Saturday that it wasn't processed, then on a Monday morning just after 9am I got an email that it was processed. Others said their AMCAS site said something like "under review" so mine was done quickly on the Monday morning (since I assume they didn't work on the weekend).

quantummechanic said:

During the processing, they fix EVERYTHING for you...so I wouldn't be too stressed out. Just do your best and don't worry about capitalization...they'll go thru your transcript and fix all those nit-picky details! Good Luck

ZYK1984 said:
During the processing, they fix EVERYTHING for you...so I wouldn't be too stressed out. Just do your best and don't worry about capitalization...they'll go thru your transcript and fix all those nit-picky details! Good Luck

such a great service for only $150 :laugh: