how are AA and TS calculated?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xiaoxiao

Dr. Crazy
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:confused: i have a quick question: how are AA and TS calculated?

Members don't see this ad.

xiaoxiao said:
:confused: i have a quick question: how are AA and TS calculated?
I got another question:what does AA and TS stand for?
Please take me seriously, i really want to know.......(this is not a joke)

ryofire said:
I got another question:what does AA and TS stand for?
Please take me seriously, i really want to know.......(this is not a joke)
OK, I just foun out what TS(total score) stands for, but im still ambiguous to what AA represents.
Reply ASAP please?

Members don't see this ad :)
Academic Average...your average scores from biology, general chem, organic chem, quantitative, and reading.

TS=Total Science which takes into account your scores for Bio, Gen Chem and O Chem.

For the AA you add up the scores for Bio, Gen Chem, O Chem, QR and RC and then divide by 5. (pretty much like Justletmein said)

GO BEARS!

OneToothLeft posted this in previous thread which I found very helpful:
onetoothleft said:
You TS score is calculated by taking how many you missed overall. So ilets say you get a 30, 30, and a 15.

(30+30+15)/3 = 25.

But that is not how they calculate scores. They take how many you missed total. In that example you would have missed 0 on two sections and 15 questions on that third. Thay would mean -15 of 100 questions and you would end up with a 20 or so.

In your case, although you got a very high 29 (perfect score in that section) you missed maybe 7 questions on bio and 1 question in GC, meaning -8 out of 100. that would make a 22.

The OP got a 22, 23, 23. That means they missed 3, 2, and 2, respectively, giving them a TS (-7 out of 100) of 23.

Note that I am estimating these numbers, but I bet that my guess is somewhat close

calbear14 said:
OneToothLeft posted this in previous thread which I found very helpful:

You TS score is calculated by taking how many you missed overall. So lets say you get a 30, 30, and a 15.

(30+30+15)/3 = 25.

But that is not how they calculate scores. They take how many you missed total. In that example you would have missed 0 on two sections and 15 questions on that third. Thay would mean -15 of 100 questions and you would end up with a 20 or so.

In your case, although you got a very high 29 (perfect score in that section) you missed maybe 7 questions on bio and 1 question in GC, meaning -8 out of 100. that would make a 22.

The OP got a 22, 23, 23. That means they missed 3, 2, and 2, respectively, giving them a TS (-7 out of 100) of 23.

Note that I am estimating these numbers, but I bet that my guess is somewhat close

wow...u guys are expert on everything!

i think total science includes qr... b/c that is the only way that it would make sense for my total score as my qr brings it down

rocknightmare said:
i think total science includes qr... b/c that is the only way that it would make sense for my total score as my qr brings it down

TS just includes only BIO, CHEM and ORGO. Its not an average but rather a scaled score based on how many correct out of 100. Check out either Barrons or the pamphlet put out by the DAT testing service for the raw to scaled score conversion table.

Hope this helps.

DMD_hopeful said:
TS just includes only BIO, CHEM and ORGO. Its not an average but rather a scaled score based on how many correct out of 100.

Exactly. The TS is a scaled score just like Bio, Chem, and Orgo are all individually scaled scores. The TS can be thought of as a large section made up of all of the above subsections, which is then scaled just like all of the individual DAT sections.

The AA is just that, an average.