How are my chances as a sophomore? Areas of improvement?

Turkishking

5+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2015
  1. Pre-Medical
    Chemistry Major - state school - NYS resident

GPA: 3.95

EC's:
    - 1 year with Big/Brothers Sisters
    - President of two clubs
    - 1 year with soup kitchen
    - Ambassador leader at the hospital I volunteer at
    - ~300 hours of clinical volunteering
    - 100 hours of shadowing
    - Honor society
    - Doing research very soon
    -Joining the peace-corps after I graduate (I want to join it, not sure to take the MCAT before hand, or when I come back)

The only red-flag with my application is I technically took a leave of absence this semester. I am taking two science courses over summer to get back on track.

What can I improve? Should I drop the position as president next semester, and give it to someone else in order to add another non-clinical activity I'm interested in?

Last edited:

kneeshoe

Jun 9, 2016
    1. Medical Student
      You have a good mix of clinical and nonclinical volunteering and your GPA is excellent. All you need now is a solid MCAT score and you're set. It is good you will start research as well.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.