how are my chances...in a very disgusting situation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schubert845

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay..I'm in a really disgusting situation right now...
I'm a fourth year at a UC, bio major. My overall GPA is 3.95 and my science GPA is 4.0...yes..I'm a little bit of a freak...and I have about 6 A+'s in science classes...so my GPA is higher than 4.0..
I took my DAT two weeks ago..and I have a very disgusting score..
PAT 19
Math 22
G-chem 29
O-chem 26
Bio 25
Science= 27 impressive..haha
But...the disgusting part is..I got a 16 on reading comp cuz I walked in late after the break..X&*!#$@ had a little incident.. got freaked out..
so my Academic average is a 24...
I have 1 year of dental experience, 2.5 years of research...and have a paper that will be published...
yeah...I'm a strong candidate...but that 16 on the reading comp section looks so bad...I always got over 20 on this section whenever I took the practice tests with kaplan...ugh.. and I really don't want to take the DAT again.!!! ugh.. I'm a great communicator and I'm a chill person and I feel like if I get an interview I can melt the interviewer and get in but I'm not sure if I can get an interview with 16 on the reading comp..
Is there a cutline score for reading comp? Do schools look at individual scores? I want to go to UCLA dental...do I have any chance with 16 on reading comp?.... should I just kill myself and take the DAT again? ugh.. but I don't think I can score as well as I did before in other sections..
And I'm planning to take the GRE so I can do DDS/PhD.. so I really don't want to waste time and take the DAT again just for reading comp.
help

Members don't see this ad.

This thread blows my mind.

Are f'ing serious?

No really. Are you???

Members don't see this ad :)
okay..I'm in a really disgusting situation right now...
I'm a fourth year at a UC, bio major. My overall GPA is 3.95 and my science GPA is 4.0...yes..I'm a little bit of a freak...and I have about 6 A+'s in science classes...so my GPA is higher than 4.0..
I took my DAT two weeks ago..and I have a very disgusting score..
PAT 19
Math 22
G-chem 29
O-chem 26
Bio 25
Science= 27 impressive..haha
But...the disgusting part is..I got a 16 on reading comp cuz I walked in late after the break..X&*!#$@ had a little incident.. got freaked out..
so my Academic average is a 24...
I have 1 year of dental experience, 2.5 years of research...and have a paper that will be published...
yeah...I'm a strong candidate...but that 16 on the reading comp section looks so bad...I always got over 20 on this section whenever I took the practice tests with kaplan...ugh.. and I really don't want to take the DAT again.!!! ugh.. I'm a great communicator and I'm a chill person and I feel like if I get an interview I can melt the interviewer and get in but I'm not sure if I can get an interview with 16 on the reading comp..
Is there a cutline score for reading comp? Do schools look at individual scores? I want to go to UCLA dental...do I have any chance with 16 on reading comp?.... should I just kill myself and take the DAT again? ugh.. but I don't think I can score as well as I did before in other sections..
And I'm planning to take the GRE so I can do DDS/PhD.. so I really don't want to waste time and take the DAT again just for reading comp.
help

whoa whoa chill out. Your stats are ******edly qualified and you should pretty much consider yourself accepted to dschool. All you have to do is mention this RC thing during your interview, and they will probably overlook it given your incredibly high DAT (again, ******edly high AA what are you a computer?) Its not like you can't read and they will probably have a positive impression about your academic potential. Think about it. You have over 20 in all academic sections except for reading, which means that you are obviously gifted in some way when it comes to studying. Maybe you should research a little on UCLA dental or email the admissions people to get a little insight on what they think about RC section. I wouldn't retake the DAT in your situation, unless you're that intent on getting into UCLA and they don't accept you..

Do you really need reassurance with stats like that?
Seriously

There is one person on predents.com who got in with RC score lower than 16.

I think your other stats can compensate for even 12 on RC. :eek:

Come on, can this troll be any more obvious. Nice 1st post.

:corny: You have set yourself up for some pretty good hazing. As far as dental school you should "soften" your response to the obvious question they are going to ask you about your RC score in the interviews. They may not say some of the things your about to here, but they will be thinking them ...
I can't imagine you won't get in

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I guess you have OK chances though

well at least this person seems real.........good work!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Good.

Tone it down a little though. One thing that scares me is your ego.

wow you def. deserve :thumbup::thumbup:...

:eyebrow:

oh thank you...^___^
I think my post is disgusting a lot of people... I am sorry..
I am a hard worker... and worked hard... but reading comp score was bothering me a lot..

With your GPA, you should have scored a minimum 20 on every section otherwise that will undermine the validity of your grades. Scoring a 16 is unacceptable. You shouldn't keep all your eggs in one basket. Try searching around for another career, I'm sorry but the truth hurts sometimes.

Most schools have an AA cutoff at 25, I suggest retaking the exam

fail.jpg

Retake the DAT. RC is the most important section (I'm very serious). Be more responsible next time and come back from break on time. Geez, I don't even think I took a break during the DAT.

with Your Gpa, You Should Have Scored A Minimum 20 On Every Section Otherwise That Will Undermine The Validity Of Your Grades. Scoring A 16 Is Unacceptable. You Shouldn't Keep All Your Eggs In One Basket. Try Searching Around For Another Career, I'm Sorry But The Truth Hurts Sometimes.

Lol

21 replies in an hour....nice:D

What is "T.t"?
poor OP, he has opened a can of worms for himself.....
gluck with the process and the comments that you are going to see here!!

What a disgusting situation you are in!!! Bless your heart!! I feel so sorry for you!!! :( You should probably retake the test!! Those scores look pretty bad!!

Retake the DAT. RC is the most important section (I'm very serious). Be more responsible next time and come back from break on time. Geez, I don't even think I took a break during the DAT.
yeah...even before I took the test...I didn't think I would be satisfied with my first score.. T.T... yeah I shouldn't have taken the break..but I'm a little hypoglycemic and had to eat something in the middle...and had to go to the restroom..
yeah..but when I walked out of the room nobody stopped me to sign out and I didn't know the policy cuz it was my first time taking the test... so I had a little trouble going back into my room cuz I didn't carry out my ID with me... well I keep blaming the testing center people for not giving me any instructions..but I guess it's all my fault..T.T

this person will be easy to spot in any dental school class

For someone to be so "freakish" I dont understand why you were not familiar with the testing process!! I even researched all the testing procedures and policies over a year ago!! And Im just normal!! Thats make common sense to me!! And you blame it on the fact that its your first time taking the test?!! Its everyones first time taking the test, but everybody else can make back in the room in time!!! Sorry buddy your not get any sympathy here!! Genius!!

your RC score is low...UCLA rejects many highly qualified students each year, so I wouldn't say that "you are in". You should definitely have several back up schools on your list.

This guy/girl is such a turd. If you are serious OP, you probably don't need this forum w/ those freakishly high scores.
I should be :mad: but I :love: you anyway.

yeah..hmm...
I don't deserve any sympathy for the mistake I made...
I study hard..but I'm a slacker in other areas...like reading instructions...

but the thing is I am thinking about taking the GRE too... to do DDS/PhD dual program..and GRE has a reading comp section...
do you think a decent RC score on the GRE can compensate for my poor DAT RC score?

yeah...I'm a stupid dickhead...I guess I learned my lesson this time to read instructions and be more prepared...

oh..and I AM REALLY SERIOUS ABOUT THIS SITUATION because people give me mixed comments..
some people say I shouldn't worry..and some people tell me to retake it...
...then..people just tell me..."then just retake it ******!" but..man..it's a long test..and I still have GRE to take!!!!

T.t means he is freaking smart Asian who was not born in America.

I don't want a dentist who leaves the room after numbing me and goes to get a snack and some fresh air, only to forget his keys and get locked out of the building. Then when he finally gets let back in, he comes back to work on me - but my local has already worn off when he starts drilling. Oh - and he doesn't want the "inconvenience" of re-doing the anesthetic.:thumbdown:

Retake the test!

Wow man cmon. I think you just proved a point that everyone isn't perfect. You have amazing stats and DAT scores, but even the best struggle at something (appears to be RC for you).....soo what. What I would be worried about most is not the 16 on your RC, but the fact that you are loosing your mind over something so little......how are you going to fend in d-school if your can't cope with little problems??? I'm sure you'll get many interviews and acceptances, but you need to relax. You'll stress yourself out wayyyyy too much in this field if you think like this everytime something little happens................geez its not like you got a 16AA. lol

WTF???
I don't believe this thread.
But if its true.....
I think Harvard will call you NO doubt.
Apply there... They love over 4.0s...

all i can say is a blind squirrel finds a nut every so often. the same can be said about sdn members.

I don't want a dentist who leaves the room after numbing me and goes to get a snack and some fresh air, only to forget his keys and get locked out of the building. Then when he finally gets let back in, he comes back to work on me - but my local has already worn off when he starts drilling. Oh - and he doesn't want the "inconvenience" of re-doing the anesthetic.:thumbdown:

Retake the test!

Dude cut him some slack - I mean it could have happened to ANYONE - you're going to base how good of a dentist he/she will be on THIS?

I'm calling fake post.

My contribution to help this post reach page 2. :soexcited:

Status
Not open for further replies.