How are my fellow Canadian applicants feeling?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

czarcazm

Reaction score
I know we're not at the turkey day deadline just yet and I've heard our applications are reviewed last, even at schools that are "Canadian-friendly" (anecdotal evidence take it as you may). I'm here stressed sitting on 27 MD schools with no response since mid-August.

Anyone hear back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I was complete at most schools in Oct, so I might have to be patient. However, I'm not feeling too confident because this year seems extremely competitive for us internationals. :(

I did get an interview around mid Oct and have been placed on hold at a few other schools. I was complete by mid Aug at the latest.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, same here. I was complete by mid-July, early August. I got an II in the end of September and I completed the interview last week. Other schools are a mixed bag of interview waitlists, rejections and radio silence. So, you aren't the only 1 in limbo.

Terrible. I completed everything mid-August.

3 pre-II Rs, 6 more schools to go, but not very hopeful. I might actually have better luck in Ontario (fingers-crossed).

Reactions: 1 user
I applied to 18. Bunch of waitlists (pre-II), rejections, but got 1 A. I applied to Ontario schools, BC and Maritimes. Maritimes rejected me already.

Reactions: 1 users
Terrible. I completed everything mid-August.

3 pre-II Rs, 6 more schools to go, but not very hopeful. I might actually have better luck in Ontario (fingers-crossed).
I'm in the same boat, waiting on like 20 schools in the US but so far 8Rs. They say it only takes 1, but it's not looking good hahah.

I think this year's cycle is extra hard for international students, with the huge influx of US applicants.

Preparing to apply again next cycle :cryi:

Congratulations Doc! :cool:

Thank you! I hope you good news too :) I'm grateful for the A, but the tuition is quite a lot more expensive. Won't hear back from Canada until January/February 2021.

Reactions: 1 user
Haha yes! Not looking good for me either. I thought I did everything correctly though (timing of submissions, essays, wording, heavy research for each school, etc.), but I guess you never really know. I can't really say I would've done anything differently or improved on anything either, so I don't have any regrets. Just an unpredictable process.

I think applying during this pandemic cycle, specifically, compounded the already-competitive process, which is really unfortunate. Just not my time, I suppose! Fingers crossed for Canadian MD.

... but again, I think the timeline for USMD is out of whack as well, so there might be hope in the new year.

I applied to 25 schools, got 3 interviews (2 MD and 1 DO) so far. Fingers-crossed to get into at least one.