How are Non-Trads filling out AMCAS Q: "How did you pay for your post-sec ed?"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tribeca

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Being a non-trad, I have several degrees. My first bachelor's was a foreign one and was state-subsidized + paid for by my parents. I have a master's degree from the US and I paid 75% of it with my own funds and 25% school loans. Now I'm on my second bachelor's in biology and I paid 50% of it (working during post-bacc) and 50% are from school loans (since going to school full-time).

Should i average everything out? I skipped that part on AMCAS... My situation is a bit different in that I was not disadvantaged in any way growing up. It's when I quit my full-time, good paying job and drained all my resources that I now receive FAP from AMCAS and AACOMAS. And with having a dependent and my husband's job cut, we have been considered low-income for the past 2 years. Does this last bit matter?

Members don't see this ad.

Being a non-trad, I have several degrees. My first bachelor's was a foreign one and was state-subsidized + paid for by my parents. I have a master's degree from the US and I paid 75% of it with my own funds and 25% school loans. Now I'm on my second bachelor's in biology and I paid 50% of it (working during post-bacc) and 50% are from school loans (since going to school full-time).

Should i average everything out? I skipped that part on AMCAS... My situation is a bit different in that I was not disadvantaged in any way growing up. It's when I quit my full-time, good paying job and drained all my resources that I now receive FAP from AMCAS and AACOMAS. And with having a dependent and my husband's job cut, we have been considered low-income for the past 2 years. Does this last bit matter?

Yeah, I had the same question as you. Since I finished my degree > 10 years ago and paid for my post-bacc out-of-pocket, my answer was an average / guesstimate.