How are the Secrets series for board review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thrombin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so I'm still early on in my board review and just about finishing up classes I wanted to know how the Secrets series is when it comes down to step 1

In particular I was talking about USMLE step 1 secrets and Pathology secrets

I picked up pathology secrets and thought it was a good read but wanted to know if it would be hi-yield or not, same for USMLE step 1 secrets

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Do you mean this book?

http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/bookdescription.authors/714635/description#description

I have it and really like it. I think it's easy to skim through FA and be like, "I know that and that and that", without challenging your fact recall. I use it like any question book, I'll read the question and cover up the answer, usually like before I go to bed or something.
I feel like it's all high-yield, there isn't anything I've seen in it that I felt you didn't have to know. Also, I like the way they encourage you to think methodically.

yup thats the one I liked the step 1 as well and was considering buying the pathology version any thoughts on that one