How are you coping with the wait this application cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iTcanBdone

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

First off, congrats to all of you that have already been accepted for c/o 2018!

Since the 2013-2014 application cycle is nearing, I wanted to start a thread for us to share how we are dealing with all the waiting.

For me, I finished my masters in December so the wait is particular brutal due to a less busy mind. I've been trying to control my OCD-like tendencies (constantly refreshing my email can't be healthy) but its been a bit of a struggle. However, I am keeping busy with research, tutoring working out and my boyfriend helps a lot as well.

So how are you guys holding up? Those that have been accepted, tells about your waiting game stories. And of course if you have any suggestion on how to better deal with all this waiting please share!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,

First off, congrats to all of you that have already been accepted for c/o 2018!

Since the 2013-2014 application cycle is nearing, I wanted to start a thread for us to share how we are dealing with all the waiting.

For me, I finished my masters in December so the wait is particular brutal due to a less busy mind. I've been trying to control my OCD-like tendencies (constantly refreshing my email can't be healthy) but its been a bit of a struggle. However, I am keeping busy with research, tutoring working out and my boyfriend helps a lot as well.

So how are you guys holding up? Those that have been accepted, tells about your waiting game stories. And of course if you have any suggestion on how to better deal with all this waiting please share!

The waiting is driving me crazy too...this month is especially brutal since I'm waiting to hear back from a program in mid March...I try to focus on my research but I still feel so restless and anxious....I'm literally marking off each day on my calendar...I wish I could go on vacation for the next 3 weeks so I can get my mind off of things

The waiting is driving me crazy too...this month is especially brutal since I'm waiting to hear back from a program in mid March...I try to focus on my research but I still feel so restless and anxious....I'm literally marking off each day on my calendar...I wish I could go on vacation for the next 3 weeks so I can get my mind off of things

I totally feel you're pain! Hang in there and good luck come March!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks!!..have you already been accepted?

Nope my first interview is the 28th of this month at MSU, still waiting to hear from everywhere else :( ... getting pretty nervous just applied to Ross out of a panic attack a couple weeks ago lol (free app waiver!)

Hello all,

judge-smails-meme-generator-well-we-re-waiting-37c59b.jpg

On a serious note I am waiting to hear back from my state school and it is killing me! I am lucky to have an acceptance though, so I can only imagine the wait on the other side of things. Best of luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user