How are you gonna pay for dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dqn17

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much is total cost of attendance for you all? I got accepted to AT Still in Missouri and first year estimated cost with housing and everything is 100k. Makes me feel sick, I dont know how im going to pay for this. Does anyone know anything about financial aid and how loan repayment works. Any information is helpful

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not, the military is.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was highly considering the military scholarship but I will be starting a family soon so I don't think it's the best route for me. My average loans per year will be around 80k with living costs and everything and I plan on taking out financial aid loans (but that usually won't cover all of it, so I'll be taking out another loan as well). My family is very poor (I can't even pay for my second deposit x___x) so loans are my only option as of now. I might do loan repayment through the community program but that's unlikely.

Reactions: 5 users
Plan A

tumblr_lprfvyoGms1qe5ugfo3_500.gif

Plan B

Let-Me-Just-Grab-My-Cash-From-My-Money-Tree.gif

Reactions: 6 users
Plan A: Marry rich sometime between now and the first tuition due date

Plan B: Loans

Reactions: 6 users
I was highly considering the military scholarship but I will be starting a family soon so I don't think it's the best route for me. My average loans per year will be around 80k with living costs and everything and I plan on taking out financial aid loans (but that usually won't cover all of it, so I'll be taking out another loan as well). My family is very poor (I can't even pay for my second deposit x___x) so loans are my only option as of now. I might do loan repayment through the community program but that's unlikely.
You sir, are my hero.

Also, I'm in the similar situation, where loans are how Imma pay for dental school atm.

Reactions: 1 users
Take a few pole dancing classes at the local community college and then put my new found skills to use

Reactions: 2 users
borrowing everything. My family is indeed very poor as well. Immigrant parents and I'm the first to even attend college. So no one can help me. My bank account is currently -$5 :rofl:Im still trying to figure out how I'm going to pay for my first month of rent since ill have to get a place before financial aid disbursement....

Ill be attending UW as an OOS...so everything includingg cost of living will be about 530k LAWD help me.

Im still waiting on my HPSP and WICHE results so those might help. We'll see. But worst case scenario...ill either be working dat pole or the street corner during dental school.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Loans mostly. Depending on where I end up though, my parents have considered buying a house there to rent out to dental and/or medical students so if that is the case, I get to sponge off them, at least for rent, for the 4 years, but will probably have roommates then so who knows.

Haha good to know im not the only one then, Yeah Im struggling to see how im gonna pay for my second deposit and the 2 month gap before loans kick in :laugh:

Reactions: 3 users
borrowing everything. My family is indeed very poor as well. Immigrant parents and I'm the first to even attend college. So no one can help me. My bank account is currently -$5 :rofl:Im still trying to figure out how I'm going to pay for my first month of rent since ill have to get a place before financial aid disbursement....

Ill be attending UW as an OOS...so everything includingg cost of living will be about 430k LAWD help me.

Im still waiting on my HPSP and WICHE results so those might help. We'll see. But worst case scenario...ill be working dat pole during dental school.
yeah Im right there with you, around 400k total hahahhaa anyone else care to teach me how to pole dance as well, I may need it :banana:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Loans. Loans. And more loans. But I do live in Vegas and we have a stripper university so i guess there's always that.

Reactions: 3 users
lmao at the replies in this thread.

:rofl:

Straight bands

Reactions: 1 user
I'm opening a new dental school where students will also spend time learning how to pole dance and strip. Never knew the demand was so high.

Hoping to pay for dental school by educating people about sexual-transmitted mite parasite and some kinky stuff happen at the bottom of the ocean..

Oh wait, that's the stuff in my final for ecology.

Loan. Loan it is.

Actually I would just buy a lot of dried oregano, put them in plastic bags, and sell them to high school freshman as "weed". They all want to look cool so they would probably fake getting high anyways and come back for more

Working on that beach body so that I can find a sugar daddy