Leeuwenhoek

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2004
Status (Visible)
Hi, just thought I'd start a series of threads where people can list how each school notify their applicants of how secondaries, interviews, rejections, or acceptances are communicated. Is it by mail, phone, e-mail, or a combination of? This thread is for acceptances (although still wayyyy off - Dec. 1st).

INFNITE

mmm....doughnut
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2005
NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Columbia: mail only
NYU: E-Mail acceptance notification and then mail
Stony Brook: phone only for interview, phone and mail acceptance (not sure, I was never accepted)

About the Ads

Mrxle3

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2005
Los Angeles
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
UCLA - Noemi calls you by phone, letter follows in mail shortly after.

UCSF - Dean Alexander calls you by phone, two letters follow shortly after with a personal note written by both Dean Alexander and Dean Bertolami.

USC - an email followed by a letter.

R

Rook

INFNITE said:
Columbia: mail only
NYU: E-Mail acceptance notification and then mail
Stony Brook: phone only for interview, phone and mail acceptance (not sure, I was never accepted)

Hey Infnite,

Did NYU email you before Dec. 1st? I was wondering: I know they accept students without interviews, but are those students just left in the dark until dec. 1st or do they get their acceptance email earlier..thanks!

dat_student

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2005
Weyburn Terrace :-)
Status (Visible)
Rook said:
Did NYU email you before Dec. 1st?...

No school accepts before Dec 1st. Some schools send their acceptance letters 1-2 days before Dec 1st so that you receive it on Dec 1st. NYU doesn't do that. They send an email msg 1st and then mail a formal acceptance letter.

Rook said:
I was wondering: I know they accept students without interviews, but are those students just left in the dark until dec. 1st

those students are left in the dark until dec 1st....

Rook said:
or do they get their acceptance email earlier..thanks!

I didn't hear from NYU till Dec 1st. Before Dec 1st, they couldn't even tell me the status of my application over the phone.

Miss Mammelon

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2004
Status (Visible)
dat_student said:
No school accepts before Dec 1st. Some schools send their acceptance letters 1-2 days before Dec 1st so that you receive it on Dec 1st. NYU doesn't do that. They send an email msg 1st and then mail a formal acceptance letter.

I don't think that is necessarily always true about NYU... Maybe last year that is how they decided to notify applicants. However, when I applied to dental school at NYU, I was very surprised bc I received an acceptance letter 2 days before December 1st. HOWEVER, the school had dated the letter Dec. 1.

In terms of other schools, a couple of them called Dec. 1 to let me know of my acceptance status, and then a letter came a couple days later.

jpollei

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2004
NC
Status (Visible)
Phone call and follow-up letter Dec. 1st from UNC if you're accepted. Nothing initially for a wait-list or rejection (the committee meets again in February). After the Feb. meeting, letters for no's and wait-listers.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.