How are you preparing for Jan, Feb...MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ebete

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Wondering if anyone care to share how they are preparing, or if you took it already, for the new year's MCAT. We have about 6 months, so how is everyone going to study for this thing. 3 months is obviously not long enough for me, nor is the EK 10 plan :( I will be needing a bit more detail, so I thought of hitting my textbooks for the next 3 months, then doing TPR, 1001 EK and AAMC practice. Still need to figure out if I want to do one subject in one shot or incoorporate all subjects within each week.

Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

If I had that much time (you lucky ducky!) I would probably do TPR review first, that is if you have the review books for a month. Then I would follow the EK 10 week schedule for the next 2 months. The only reason I would do TPR first and then EK is TPR's review is more broad while EK's is very to the point.

Then follow up with passages and full-lengths.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Yea trust me I know EK is too broad (did that twice already, finally learned my lesson) Do you think TPR is enough detail review? I tought I would review using my textbooks then TPR and the EK1001. I don't know, once I sit down and write out a plan of action, I'll see what works. Unless someone else comes up with a nice plan :D . Either way I'm starting in Aug.

I'm taking the MCATS in January also. I orderd the EK books and will be getting them in on Monday. I figured I'd just go through those, do the problems in the 1001 question books, and do practice exams. I've heard a lot of good things about EK. I know they may be broad, but they're broad on purpose as the topics and questions that come up on the MCATS are equally broad and not very specific, or so I'm told.

I've heard that TPR books are too detailed, but if I have time, which I know I will, I'll probably go back and review from those as well.

We all have about 6 months to go, lets use that time wisely and make sure we're fully prepared. I know for many of us, we'll look back 3 or 4 months from now and wish we had done more to prepare ourselves. Lets not have those regrets!