How are you preparing for the upcoming Board exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lee123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well?

Members don't see this ad.

This topic has been discussed at length. Everyone will tell you that mock orals are key. There are those who preach Ho. Practice is the key. If your answers are CRISP there is no way that you can fail the orals.

C= clear
R= reasonable
I=intelligent- scientific basis for answer
S=supported by sensible discussion
P=professional-you should look polished like a consultant

Cambie

Members don't see this ad :)
So, you aren't green? 2-3 decades of experience? Sure Slim

"If you have a few decades yourself then we are close" LEE123

I was asking to see what others are doing. I passed mine first time in the early 90's

Last edited:
This topic has been discussed at length. Everyone will tell you that mock orals are key. There are those who preach Ho. Practice is the key. If your answers are CRISP there is no way that you can fail the orals.

C= clear
R= reasonable
I=intelligent- scientific basis for answer
S=supported by sensible discussion
P=professional-you should look polished like a consultant

Cambie

I appreciate the response, but the question was meant for those who are taking it. I am just sampling responses from around the country to get an idea of the current vogue.

And it's this kind of antagonism and running feuds that come along when people ask for "the good old days."

I am using Yao & Artusio, ASA refresher courses, Anesthesia Oral Board Review or something by Lovich, and a stack of retired exams that I practice with a colleague.

• Yao (how could you not love a guy named Fun-Sun?!?)
  • Supplementing with Ho
  • Practicing released ABA sample ?s with friends.
  • May add in Bored Stiff, not for the content section which I found useless but rather for sample stems.

Took the test a few years ago. I recommend the practice sets from the ultimate board prep. Very helpful since they included answers to the questions.

Reading Yao, and some chapters from Reed's Clinical Cases in Anesthesia, supplementing with Ho's book.

Practicing mock exams with JustOralBoards and colleagues.

And reviewing practice exams from Ultimate Board Prep.