1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

How are you simulating a CBT setting?

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by raptors, Mar 27, 2007.

1. raptors

5+ Year Member

In my situation I've scoped out the area where they're holding the exam and unfortunately for me there's a construction site right across the street:rolleyes: .

Really not sure how i'm going to simulate that. I hope the noise cancelling head phones work. I've heard there are ear plugs at certain sites too. I've tried emailing thompson prometric with no response as to whether it's ear plugs or headpones.

Anyways, I've just been trying to find a location with a computer and a bit of noise. Hopefully a library, but that's kinda risky b/c some rude person could start talking anytime they walk by. My house is busy because of family always being around and thin walls. So how are you simulating your testing situation?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Vanguard23

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I went to Wal Mart, just now, and bought some industrial earphones used mostly for gun practice. Works pretty well and should quiet things down a bit.
    Plugs got some earplugs to go under them.;)

4. cg77

cg77 You want a toe?
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    i recommend buying a leaf blower and a fuel bladder and taking them wherever you go where you might concentrate... look out 45!

5. akinf

akinf Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I read the questions on a computer screen and imputed the answers into excel.

6. theunremarkable

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Did you do this for the Kaplan FL/old aamcas that weren't in CBT format but were in pdf files? This is a good idea! I think I might start doing this.

7. lala83

lala83 Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    how do we access the periodic table while we're taking the cbt exam?

8. viciouz

viciouz WesternU 2013
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    There is a button that says, "Periodic Table."

I've been taking my practice CBT tests at UCI's Science Libraries right in front of the elevators.

Also can we bring our own headphones to the exam?