How are you studying for the Biology section of MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

makingthejump

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been seeing that the Biology section on the MCAT is more passage based and ability to interpret graphs and charts. Keeping this trend in mind, how are you efficiently and effectively doing Biology content review?

Members don't see this ad.

You mean experimental based, not passage based, since everything that isn't a discrete is passage based. I highly recommend doing all the passages in the TPRHL Science Workbook. There are quite a few experimental passages that are great practice (especially some of their advanced passages).

Members don't see this ad :)
Take the SA Biology first then work on your practice. Between TBR and TPR, I prefer TPR..it's more similar to AAMC IMO. TBR is just really hard and rely on more information than you would need. When I do the AAMC Bio stuff, it's mainly 30% content knowledge and 70% extrapolation from the passage.

TBR bio can be great practice at times, but there are more than a couple passages that seem too intense (and not just in a good practice sort of way, but in a recurring "this is too nit-picky" sort of way).

I'll follow suit with most of the posters above me and recommend TPR science workbook. Great amount of practice, great quality!

Check out our page:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forums/next-step-mcat-tutor-office-hours.970/

Cheers!!