How are you studying pathological microbiology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jk5177

Just Kidding
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking this path microbio class this semester, but I can't figure out how to go about studying this material. Reading the text doesn't seem to help me absorb because I don't have an outline for the material.

Currently, I'm studying I feel that every pathology I come across, I need to ask the following question:
* What is the nature of the bacteria?
* Epidemiology and how it is transmitted?
* Diagnosis. How is someone diagnosed with a certain pathology
* Treatment. What kind of treatment are effective and ineffective toward a certain pathology.

Are there any questions that I'm missing?

I figure if I can answer these questions for all the pathology/pathological organisms that are taught by the professor, then I will be okay. However, it is sort of hard to memorize and sort this material?

Any thoughts/suggestions/strategies on how one can go about understanding pathological microbiology? How do you study for this course?

Members don't see this ad.

jk5177 said:
I'm taking this path microbio class this semester, but I can't figure out how to go about studying this material. Reading the text doesn't seem to help me absorb because I don't have an outline for the material.

Currently, I'm studying I feel that every pathology I come across, I need to ask the following question:
* Treatment. What kind of treatment are effective and ineffective toward a certain pathology.

I figure if I can answer these questions for all the pathology/pathological organisms that are taught by the professor, then I will be okay. However, it is sort of hard to memorize and sort this material?

Any thoughts/suggestions/strategies on how one can go about understanding pathological microbiology? How do you study for this course?

Perhaps you should approach your study clinically?

How does the patient present upon examination? Etc. Etc.

jk5177 said:

"Clinical Microbiology made ridiculously simple" published Medmaster Inc.

captaintripps said:
"Clinical Microbiology made ridiculously simple" published Medmaster Inc.

DITTO, that book's great. Got me an A in micro.