How bad are high 60's on EK materials?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

princessmd95

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know how to assess how I am doing. I would appreciate if someone could provide some input on where I probably stand. I am not ready to use AAMC materials to gauge performance yet. I was hoping to improve to at least 75% before using AAMC , but I am consistently getting high 60's.

I have been getting 16/23 (69%) consistently on all of the EK 30 min passage based Bio 2 exams and 80% on the discretes.
I bought their 101 passages Bio 2 book and did a full-length bio section and got 27/41 (66%).

Should I be concerned about these scores? I am aiming for a 127 in this section, and I have completed my content review.

Members don't see this ad.

Were you able to get a gauge of how that translated on the exam if you've already taken it?
I've been getting "anticipated" ~130-132 on the EK 30 minutes, but have been getting 65-75% on the EK 101 so I don't know how to make of this so far.

While I think EK is great practice, I also think it has almost no predictive value. My scores ranged from 50s to 70s generally speaking, yet my AAMC scores were much more consistent.

I ended up with a 524. I think if youre consistently above 60, your in good shape.

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome and congrats on your score!
What did you find most effective in reviewing and learning from practice passage?
I.e how did you make the most out of practice?

Awesome and congrats on your score!
What did you find most effective in reviewing and learning from practice passage?
I.e how did you make the most out of practice?
Understanding the internal logic of the passage/question, thoroughly reviewing content. Theres unfortunately not really a key to doing it, just have to grind it out, but once you start it gets easier with time

Understanding the internal logic of the passage/question, thoroughly reviewing content. Theres unfortunately not really a key to doing it, just have to grind it out, but once you start it gets easier with time

Did you use any of the new EK 101 materials? I'm struggling with those. Barely break 60% on them -__-

A slightly off topic Q:

How bad/good are high 60s on Kaplan materials (FL, individual passages, discrete Qs)?