How bad did I hurt myself?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

M.Furfur

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Don't be disappointed. Some schools use the latest MCAT score and some schools take the highest scores from each test. For instance some schools consider your score to be V9 BS11 PS10....You need to find out which schools do that. I'm sure you will get into one of the medical schools you applied for. Don't worry...:)

depending on what your grades and extracurriculars are, a 28 can still get your foot in the MD door (and the DO door, if you're applying to those schools as well). However, if most of the schools you applied to are Harvard, Michigan, Stanford, etc. well then, you might want to apply to some other "lower tier' schools to increase your odds.

But honestly, a 28 on the mcat with a good gpa is still competitive, imo. The median for a lot of MD schools is a 31, but they accept students who score lower! :thumbup:

PS: your score is also more balanced (e.g. I've heard that if you score anything below an 8 you should consider retaking)