how bad did i shoot myself in the foot

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hum3a

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was going back through all my secondary applications a moment ago and shocked myself when I realized that my Temple application was not completed, the essay portion was still blank!!! I received it over a month ago and though i had completed it... I even saved the essays to my hard drive to use them for other applications if i needed to.

I just filled it out and submitted it. How bad did I hurt my chances than say if i had applied at the beginning of October?? I have a 31Q and 3.7 gpa so i know im competitive there... but it seems like its too late now :(. I had applied to like 20 med schools but i really really wanted to go to Pennsylvania for an M.D. oh well, at least my application to drexel got done early.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was going back through all my secondary applications a moment ago and shocked myself when I realized that my Temple application was not completed, the essay portion was still blank!!! I received it over a month ago and though i had completed it... I even saved the essays to my hard drive to use them for other applications if i needed to.

I just filled it out and submitted it. How bad did I hurt my chances than say if i had applied at the beginning of October?? I have a 31Q and 3.7 gpa so i know im competitive there... but it seems like its too late now :(. I had applied to like 20 med schools but i really really wanted to go to Pennsylvania for an M.D. oh well, at least my application to drexel got done early.:thumbup:

We'll tell you if you shot yourself in the foot as soon as you hear something from Temple (i.e., interview = you didn't, rejection = maybe you did).

^ very true. I guess I'm just over reacting... at least i got it in before the January deadline.:cool:

I just filled it out and submitted it. How bad did I hurt my chances than say if i had applied at the beginning of October?? I have a 31Q and 3.7 gpa so i know im competitive there... but it seems like its too late now
My stats are about comparable to you (30R, 3.8) and I never got the invite to Temple (or Drexel for that matter). I was complete at both in October. I think folks look at the average MCAT and GPA for some of the high volume schools and assume they are easier to get in to than they actually are. High volume means high competition.

A late November completion date may make Temple a bit challenging, but you have solid stats and I'm sure you'll find a home somewhere.

it seems temple has interviewed and accepted most of the ppl they want to at this point, i dunno how many interviews they're even doing now. so yea you mighta shot yourself in the foot a bit.