Quantcast

How bad is having a C on your transcript?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qqwert89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
How bad would getting a C in a higher level bio class be on my transcipt? I'm a junior planning on applying to enter med school in the fall of 2010. I've had a high 3.9 up until this point and have been pretty involved in extracurriculars. This semester, I think I just took on too much an its being reflected in my grades.

shaggybill

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How bad would getting a C in a higher level bio class be on my transcipt? I'm a junior planning on applying to enter med school in the fall of 2010. I've had a high 3.9 up until this point and have been pretty involved in extracurriculars. This semester, I think I just took on too much an its being reflected in my grades.

You have nothing to worry about. One C won't mean diddly with a 3.9.

bkpa2med

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A C? You can forget it all now. Might as well go to your local sanitation dept and apply for a job. You can truly forget medicine.

Dude what's up with all the anal premeds? Chill out ... try your hardest and learn something. In the end you will get in somewhere. Don't be such a tightass.

HeatherMD

Queen of Passiveagressiva
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have like 3, so it better not be that bad.

Well two of the 3 are C+'s so maybe that's better

Slowpoke

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've never heard of anyone getting into Med school with anything less than A+ all 4 years. Just save yourself the application money and blow it on hookers!

Lukkie

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
ill let you know in a couple years how my two Cs and a D went for me.

NTF

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Never good, but not detrimental in the least. Be prepared to explain it in an interview though.

One C not a problem. Many C's... that's a different story.

A Long Story

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
try your best to avoid C's and avoid classes you don't have to take if there is a possibility of making a C. They stand out in a bad way on your transcript. If it matters, I had two C's and I got in ....