qqwert89

10+ Year Member
Nov 23, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
How bad would getting a C in a higher level bio class be on my transcipt? I'm a junior planning on applying to enter med school in the fall of 2010. I've had a high 3.9 up until this point and have been pretty involved in extracurriculars. This semester, I think I just took on too much an its being reflected in my grades.

shaggybill

10+ Year Member
Jul 8, 2004
The Sunny South
Status
Resident [Any Field]
How bad would getting a C in a higher level bio class be on my transcipt? I'm a junior planning on applying to enter med school in the fall of 2010. I've had a high 3.9 up until this point and have been pretty involved in extracurriculars. This semester, I think I just took on too much an its being reflected in my grades.

You have nothing to worry about. One C won't mean diddly with a 3.9.

bkpa2med

10+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
A C? You can forget it all now. Might as well go to your local sanitation dept and apply for a job. You can truly forget medicine.

Dude what's up with all the anal premeds? Chill out ... try your hardest and learn something. In the end you will get in somewhere. Don't be such a tightass.

HeatherMD

Queen of Passiveagressiva
10+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2008
Canada
Status
Pre-Medical
I have like 3, so it better not be that bad.

Well two of the 3 are C+'s so maybe that's better

NTF

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
Never good, but not detrimental in the least. Be prepared to explain it in an interview though.

One C not a problem. Many C's... that's a different story.

A Long Story

10+ Year Member
Oct 31, 2008
Status
try your best to avoid C's and avoid classes you don't have to take if there is a possibility of making a C. They stand out in a bad way on your transcript. If it matters, I had two C's and I got in ....