How bad is this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hercules

Son of Zeus
Reaction score
Okay guys,
I'm in a bit of a bad situation, but I need brutal honesty from everyone. I have an interview this Thursday. The med school contacted me today to let me know they were missing one of my letter of rec. Not good. I got in touch with with the guy writing the letter(which I thought had been sent out over a week ago) only to find out he was on his way to the airport and had not sent the letter. Really not good. I do however know that he's got a laptop and can fax the letter to the school. I talked to the school and they said a faxed letter would be the quickest way to get it to them, but they did NOT sound happy about it. My scores are way above average for this school and it's a state school (I'm a resident). Will something like this put a major black mark on my application, or am I making too big a deal of this?

------------------
Hercules

But there is also a time for sleeping.
-Odysseus in the Odyssey 11.330-331

[This message has been edited by Hercules (edited 09-25-2000).]

Members don't see this ad.

I think the best thing would be to have the letter faxed for expediency, then follow it up with the original in the mail. I don't think it would hurt you to take care of it that way. Is that an option?

I don't know if that's an option. If I did that, the real letter wouldn't get to the school until way after my interview, and I'm not sure if they'd need it at that point. Why should I follow the faxed copy with the original? Is that to show it's authentic?

------------------
Hercules

But there is also a time for sleeping.
-Odysseus in the Odyssey 11.330-331