How bad my part2 will affect my application and future dental career??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emma429

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just got my part2 score back. It's only 76!!:(
I knew I did not do very well. But I just want to know how bad my part2 score will affect my application and my future dental career. Do I need to retake it even it was a "pass"?
For those schools which only request part1(my part1 is 97 old format), do they care about my part2?
can anyone shed light on it?
thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

Just got my part2 score back. It's only 76!!:(
I knew I did not do very well. But I just want to know how bad my part2 score will affect my application and my future dental career. Do I need to retake it even it was a "pass"?
For those schools which only request part1(my part1 is 97 old format), do they care about my part2?
can anyone shed light on it?
thanks.

You'd better not show up your part 2 score on the schools that require only part 1. Your part 1 is very impressive; I think your part 2 will affect that.

You'd better not show up your part 2 score on the schools that require only part 1. Your part 1 is very impressive; I think your part 2 will affect that.

There is no way to do that unless you request your part1 score before you take the part2 test. ADA rule is: NO part1 report only if part2 score is available!!!