How bad will one F look on my app?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDrB

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As I finally near the end of retake road, I'm debating on whether or not I need to retake this one management class from 10+ years ago that I never dropped, thus resulting in an F.

Retaking the class will cost me $1,000 and even replacing the F with an A would only bump me from a 3.31 to a 3.36. In my opinion, the miniscule increase in GPA is completely irrelevant and not worth retaking the course.

But on the other hand, how bad will the F look instead?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't retake. A non-science class from a decade ago that will cost you $1k and only bump your gpa 0.05 points is not worth it.

I think you should be fine. They have a file review at most interviews at which point you can explain what happened. I doubt they will care much since it was from so long ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agree with all above- non science so irrelevant. Save your money for potential interview travels/apps

Should be fine. I got in with a non-science D in my transcript. It was like 8 years old.

Good deal. Thanks.

They're obviously going to see I retook all of these other classes, so I just don't want them to be like, "so why didn't you retake this one then."

Should I just be straight forward and say, "I didn't think it was cost effective or relevant?"

@AlbinoHawk DO did they ask you about it in your interviews?

Last edited: