How bad will this effect my chances of getting accepted into med school

Dec 25, 2013
Houston, TX
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hi, I'm currently going on my second semester as a freshman. In my first semester, I had gotten an "FX" for a
Class. No it's not because I was too lazy to go or just didn't feel like it, I had plenty of personal issues going on at home that kept me from attending one class. I plan on retaking the course and attempting to achieve about a 90. Can anyone tell me if they'll even look at me if there was an FX on my transcript?

darklabel

PGWhy
7+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]
According to Google, an FX is the equivalent of an F.

Yes they will look at your application, plenty of people here have had F's, D's and C's and have gotten into medical school (like me!).

Luckily this happened early so you have ~3 years to try your best to getting 4.0's from here on out to prove yourself. Retake the class, get an A and make sure that these personal issues are resolved before you start the next term. If not, then just take a semester off and take classes over the summer. You'll also get a chance to explain yourself in your personal statement or secondary.

Good luck!

MedMinded

MS3
Jul 13, 2013
www.medicalminded.com
Status
Medical Student
According to Google, an FX is the equivalent of an F.

Yes they will look at your application, plenty of people here have had F's, D's and C's and have gotten into medical school (like me!).

Luckily this happened early so you have ~3 years to try your best to getting 4.0's from here on out to prove yourself. Retake the class, get an A and make sure that these personal issues are resolved before you start the next term. If not, then just take a semester off and take classes over the summer. You'll also get a chance to explain yourself in your personal statement or secondary.

Good luck!
Perfect answer. As long as you do well for the remaining years, you'll have no problems at all. Good luck!

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student