How bad will this hurt me...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kawabungah

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've tried scanning through old posts for some sage-like wisdom. But I just couldn't find an exact answer to a tantamount situation...

I have been charged with MIP of alcohol twice. Both charges were dismissed by the court. I was never convicted, I never pled guilty, or no contest.

I received 2 II's this year. At one school, I was never asked if I had been arrested or charged with a misdemeanor. At the other school, I was asked if I had ever been charged with a misdemeanor on the secondary. I answered yes, explained the circumstances (albeit briefly as there was a very short word limit), took responsibility for my actions and detailed what I had learned from those experiences (I can go into detail on any of these issues, but for the sake of brevity I won't here).

Anyway, the first charge occurred almost a decade ago, and the second charge happened almost 6 years ago now (needless to say I am a non-trad student), and I have had no run-ins with the law since then (not even a speeding ticket).

So, are these multiple arrests a road block to the school that I disclosed them to (or, for that matter, any school that asks about charges/arrests if I have to reapply)?

Members don't see this ad.

The fact that they were years ago and minor offenses means they are unlikely to hurt you in any substantial way

Reactions: 1 users
I've tried scanning through old posts for some sage-like wisdom. But I just couldn't find an exact answer to a tantamount situation...

I have been charged with MIP of alcohol twice. Both charges were dismissed by the court. I was never convicted, I never pled guilty, or no contest.

I received 2 II's this year. At one school, I was never asked if I had been arrested or charged with a misdemeanor. At the other school, I was asked if I had ever been charged with a misdemeanor on the secondary. I answered yes, explained the circumstances (albeit briefly as there was a very short word limit), took responsibility for my actions and detailed what I had learned from those experiences (I can go into detail on any of these issues, but for the sake of brevity I won't here).

Anyway, the first charge occurred almost a decade ago, and the second charge happened almost 6 years ago now (needless to say I am a non-trad student), and I have had no run-ins with the law since then (not even a speeding ticket).

So, are these multiple arrests a road block to the school that I disclosed them to?

You already had the interview. In s few months you can tell us if it was an issue. There's really nothing for us to advise on after the fact.

Reactions: 1 user