How bad will this look? I had a C+ in bio 101 lab. Now I got a C in bio 102 lab

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alexfoleyc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am doing well in lecture, but this does affect my cum gpa and my science gpa. Both went down.

Members don't see this ad.

I am doing well in lecture, but this does affect my cum gpa and my science gpa. Both went down.

I got a C in freshman biology and the freshman biology lab and I still got in. Just make sure you don't get anymore Cs. It's better to get them early they tend to like improvement. Good luck.

Since you made a C in both, I would retake them. I'm not doubting that you were in an extra hard lab, but it is a good idea to fix any C that occurs in a basic class or lab.

Its quite normal to f*ck up every now and then - its bound to happen in your private life and your academics/career at some point. Set this semester under that category and just make certain that it does not occur again. If you can do that, I think you will find that it doesn't look bad at all - it looks normal.

Also, I don't agree 'that its better sooner rather than later on account of adcoms looking favorably at an upward trend'. The only benefit of it messing up sooner is that it gives you time to show that you can handle semester-after-semester at high-performance. If you were to mess up towards the end that may suggest having burned-out.
That's all.