Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

how bad would this look?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Mistress S, May 12, 2002.

1. Mistress S

Mistress S Don't mess with the S
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I am a junior finishing my o-chem sequence, and due to illness and laziness I have gotten behind in the class this term. I want to think that I can pull my grade up, but I got a C in o-chem last quarter and I definitely don't want that to happen again (I got a B the first quarter). So I am thinking about dropping the class now, which will probably give me a "W" at this point, and re-taking the class this summer when I can focus on it and do well. My overall GPA is good (3.82), and in the past I have done well in my science classes- I think I'm just getting a little burned out and a break might be helpful. But I am concerned that this might look bad when I apply next year. As long as I complete the year of o-chem and do well overall, will it matter if I drop this last quarter now and re-take it in a couple months? Or will a C and a W in o-chem this year be a serious blemish? I was also looking at the possibility of taking an incomplete or in-progress grade for the course, if my instructor will agree to this. If I am able to do this, will it matter at all to adcoms, as long as I finish the class and do well? Thanks in advance!

2. Taty

Taty Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I think that Better have W

3. vyc

vyc Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

wow, you still have a 3.82 with a C in orgo?
    i would just withdraw and retake it this summer.
    especially since last quarter didn't go very well.
    it'd be nice to have a solid grade for the other part of orgo.

4. Trowa

Trowa Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey,
    It is probably better to withdraw and earn and better grade. Yes, adcom people will definitely notice it, but if you do well in the class then it should not seriously affect you. It looks like you have a solid GPA, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

5. KDocGirl

KDocGirl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Be prepared to explain well about the grades to an interviewer. Open-file interviews are killer!

6. sorchuchu

sorchuchu Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi, Kdocgirl,

Just wondering where can you get the little cute pics and put it under your name when you post ?? :D :D :D

7. sorchuchu

sorchuchu Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi, Kdocgirl,

Just wondering where can you get the little cute pics and put it under your name when you post ?? :D :D :D