How badly did I screw up my MMI?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reader88

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
In one of the stations I had a good conversation with the interviewer and truly never heard the intercom voice tell me to leave the room (never been diagnosed with hearing loss but my mom started losing her hearing young and people often comment on my poor hearing). I don't know how long over the time I went but he never acknowledged hearing it either. Should I email him to apologize?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
In one of the stations I had a good conversation with the interviewer and truly never heard the intercom voice tell me to leave the room (never been diagnosed with hearing loss but my mom started losing her hearing young and people often comment on my poor hearing). I don't know how long over the time I went but he never acknowledged hearing it either. Should I email him to apologize?

Also in another room I knew an interviewer and was kind of flustered because I didn't expect to see her and made a maybe unprofessional comment about her hair looking nice (I'm also a female) should I apologize to her too?
I'd take a deep breath and consider the possibility that you might have some anxiety to work through before starting med school, that's totally OK and an important thing to consider & get taken care of before you head into the furnace. Sounds like you did nothing wrong and chances are theye didn't even notice :)

Reactions: 2 users
I'd take a deep breath and consider the possibility that you might have some anxiety to work through before starting med school, that's totally OK and an important thing to consider & get taken care of before you head into the furnace. Sounds like you did nothing wrong and chances are theye didn't even notice :)
Thanks for the feedback! You're right, I'm being overly anxious. With the rest of my interviews I'm pretty laid back but I've let myself get too invested in this school because I don't want to move my family, but that's life.

Thanks for the feedback! You're right, I'm being overly anxious. With the rest of my interviews I'm pretty laid back but I've let myself get too invested in this school because I don't want to move my family, but that's life.

Hey at least you didn't walk out with the MMI prompt (they had one in the room in case we needed to reference it again). I did that at one of my stations by mistake haha. The station itself was going really well as far as I could tell though at least.

Reactions: 1 users
Update: got accepted to this school yesterday. Once again I was being overly neurotic

Reactions: 1 user