How badly did I screw up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seannlim

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Need some feedback. Made a few mistakes today.

1) I was sending emails regarding my changes in planned/in progress coursework. For the schools i hadn't interviewed at yet, I sent a general email. To schools that I've interviewed at, I sent a personalized email saying when I interviewed at their school. Everything was going well, until the email client on my Mac sent an extra copy of a personalized email to a school that I've yet to receive an interview invite from yet. So, as an example, if I were writing an email to UCLA, then I accidentally sent: "To whom it may concern, my name is John Doe and I interviewed at USC on August 20th....."

How bad will this look? I also sent them a generic letter, as well as an apology for the mistake. I really hope this doesn't affect my changes for an interview. It was one of my top schools.

2) When sending out these emails regarding my course changes, I accidentally put the wrong title for one of the courses I'm taking. However, the subject code and amount of credits were correct. Will this matter?

EDIT: Also, I've already had two interviews. Is it considered really late in the process now to make these changes? I'm scared that schools that could have potentially offered interviews may not have because of my planned coursework.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
you sent them an apology letter. it should be fine. honestly nothing you can do at this point.

and for your second question, no it shouldn't matter. you notified them of the change. now they know about it, so make it official with the academic update.

Also, I've already had two interviews. Is it considered really late in the process now to make these changes? I'm scared that schools that could have potentially offered interviews may not have because of my planned coursework.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you're overreacting. Don't worry calm down take a breather, they're not going to penalize you for making a simple mistake like that. It can happen to anyone. no worries man. chin up. at least you got 2 interviews while there are people in this forum who had none. :/

I can fully understand why this seems like the end of the world. You want this, and you want this bad. But, beating yourself up over this and worrying about this will not change anything. Rather, it will mess with your neurons and cause your dopamine levels to decrease leading to depression. What is in your control is writing a apology letter. Best of luck! ...at least you are hearing back from schools. I have not gotten a single interview yet!

Thanks guys.

Hang in there. I heard from two schools right off the bat, then it stopped. I'm waiting again as well. My advice is to NOT look at the invite thread on SDN. It will drive you nuts. Stay off this site as much as possible!!