Medical How badly will S/NS impact me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a freshman at a relatively good public university. I made really bad scheduling decisions this quarter, and ended up taking 4 weeders, and maxing my credits (didn't realize this was college). And, I'm essentially messing up pretty badly. Here are my projected grades:

Gen Chem: A-/A
Differential Eqns: A
Data Structures: B+/A-
Calculus 3: C+

How bad will it look to P/F my calc 3 course. I really don't think I can bring up my grade. I have a A in Calc 2 and will be taking stats in the future, along with a A in diffeq. As far as I know, only one class of calc and one of stats is a pre-req for medical school.

If P/Fing is a bad decision, how negatively will the C impact my chances in the future?
P =/= F. Chill.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, this is the only class I think I'll end up P/Fing. I'm confused about the pre-req part though. Is any math/science class a prereq? Because from what I looked up, they wanted 1 calculus class, and one statistics class. I have Calc 2 (letter grade) on my transcript, so are all future math classes still prereqs?

Thanks!
They're not pre-reqs, but they will count toward your sGPA. So choose wisely.

Yeah, this is the only class I think I'll end up P/Fing. I'm confused about the pre-req part though. Is any math/science class a prereq? Because from what I looked up, they wanted 1 calculus class, and one statistics class. I have Calc 2 (letter grade) on my transcript, so are all future math classes still prereqs?

Thanks!
I apologize I misspoke. I meant that they are part of your sGPA and schools aren't going to like seeing a bunch of P/F because they want to see how you performed in these classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.