How badly will this hurt my chances - Bad grade in Research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deanthedream17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
you will be fine! one C in a 2 credit class is not a big deal at all especially since you have a 3.9. it shows that you are human.

You will get in as long as you hit a 30 on the MCAT. Nobody can tell you how likely it will be for you to get into a top 30 because there are too many variables. Your best chance is to rape the MCAT and have a good app. A lot of top 30 accept people with a 3.7-3.8.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app please excuse punctuation and spelling

Members don't see this ad :)
Numbers wise it will probably cost you about half a "LizzyM" point, which IMO not a big deal, especially if you do well on the MCAT.

I'd be a lot more concerned with why you were unable to get along with the researcher instead of a single weak point on your transcript.

I think the bigger concern here will be schools that want to see (or are curious why they did not see) a letter of rec from this person you researched with.

Your grading situation will likely be OK, these things happen and if you only have 1 C on your transcript, the grade isn't going to be what causes any stink. Just be ready to talk about it if it comes up in an interview and be aware that some schools have detailed policies about getting letters from people you researched with.