How behind am I?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hobartpaver

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I am just completing the AACOMAS. I have all my recommendations lined out, and I am betting that I can churn out those secondaries very quickly. I am not very familiar about the interview and acceptence timeline for the Osteopathic schools. Is this a lost cause?

Members don't see this ad.

i wouldn't say its a lost cause. but keep in mind that aacomas usually take about 2 months to complete your file and submit to the schools. the schools will take another couple of weeks for processing. and once you recieve your secondary, theres another couple of weeks. your best bet is to have everything prepared so that when you get your secondaries, you can send them immediately for review.

Also remember a few schools, Kirksville especially, require their recommendation sheet to be used with or without a letterhead letter from your sources. So make sure your recommenders are on board, especially your D.O. who is a busy (wo)man. You can turn the Supp around in a night( you know the essay question-Why do you what to be a D.O. or simulacra) and proof read!! If you have above avg. grades and MCAT you stand a fair chance for an interview. But, even if this is not the year dont be discouraged. Just be sure to get as much D.O. exposure as possible for the next cycle. One more year really is not that big a deal in the big picture.

Good luck!!!!