How Best To Use USMLE Rx during MS2 year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ES671

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am starting MS2 this fall and was thinking of purchasing Rx to start doing questions from both topics covered in the first year and also along with class material. Has anyone done this and found it helpful? I started doing Zanki this summer and will continue over the year to keep M1 material fresh and plan to use the questions as a way to test myself.

Also, would people recommend USMLE Rx as a good qbank to do or are others better? I played around with AMBOSS and Kaplan but found USMLE Rx the easiest to use by subject.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Incoming M1 but from what I've seen from multiple med students on youtube who have done very well on Step 1, USMLE Rx seems to be a solid bank to work through during pre-clinical. In fact, most of them talk about wishing they had done this bank sooner just to get used to solid step 1 questions. I haven't seen much recommendation for Kaplan although it might not be a bad qbank to work through if you finish Rx or just want different questions to do without breaking into Uworld.

Reactions: 1 user
How best to use it? Not use it at all. Jk. If you already have it, just filter by organ block and do the questions as you finish an organ block. I wouldn't use it to learn the material for the first time - just to reinforce concepts that you have been taught. Remember, the key is to focus on learning the material really well the first time.

Personally, I used the Kaplan Qbank for the same purpose throughout M2. Very easy to filter by organ block. Literally click on "Custom" and select only the "System" that you want questions on.

Bump.

Just bought. Figured I'd do questions each day and review them w BnB/FA/Pathoma/etc.
This way I can hopefully get thru a good amount of system review from OMS1, until I start dedicated and use UW exclusively.