1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

How bout a little survey anyone?!?!

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by Raimes, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Raimes

Raimes Third time is NOT a charm
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    I think I spend too much time clicking refresh on this forum... just to see if anyone else ggot an interview or was accepted, and I never really introduced myself either. I thought.. I would love to know more about you guys! So... I said why not.. see if anyone wants to jump on my bandwagon, and post some information about themself, or fill out of a survey you can look at it either way.

You can answer some and not answer some ... s'up to you..

1. What are you called on a regular basis that gets your attention (name)?

2. Where is your natural habitat?

3. Undergrad smarts, where are/did you get them?

4. Major, minor, not recognized major/minor ( :idea: although you're petitioning the dean and he just won't let (insert other word i.e. boys) be a major)?

5. Post bacc smarts? Program/school?

6. How many times have you applied (don't be disheartened if you want it bad enough it will come! ) ?

7. Where did you apply this cycle?

8. What's your top choice.. :xf:?

9. What do you do to fund applying to/waiting for vet school?

10. In 2 sentences sum up why you deserve to be the best vet you can be... :thumbup: ?

11. What's your dream vet job? What types, own your own practice... or work for someone?

12. Married? Children?

13. I'm sure you have at least 1 pet! Tell me about them!:rolleyes:

14. :cool: Where did your screen name come from?

15. Extracurriculars?

16. Any interesting hobbies?

17. Any totally wierd habits/skills/um.... anything? :eek: ?

18. Any places that strike your fancy that you haven't been to you??

19. Is there anything interesting that makes you unique... of course there is! :love: ?

20. Have you ever been addicted :oops: to video games/forums?

21. :sleep: Is this your only forum your a member of??

#1 Raimes, Dec 31, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. LVT2DVM

LVT2DVM UGA-CVM c/o 2013
    2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student

#2 LVT2DVM, Dec 31, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  4. flyhi

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Totally fun post Raimes, but you need to do the survey too ;) Thanks for giving my lame self something to do on New Year's Eve!

1. What do you come to? Sorry, can't beat LVT2DVM's answer..... I guess us ole fogies think alike :D

2. Where is your natural habitat? Anywhere near the ocean. Spent 14 years in the LowCountry on Hilton Head Island, SC. Originally from Northern VA.

3. Undergrad smarts, where are/did you get them? No smarts, but I got my degree at Seton Hill College in Greensburg, PA (near Latrobe...think Rolling Rock beer). All women's college at the time, now it's Seton Hill University and they have menfolk with a football team and everything!

4. Major, minor, not recognized major/minor ( although your petitioning the dean and he just won't let (insert other word i.e. boys) be a major)? Biology

5. Post bacc smarts? Program/school? Nope

6. How many times have you applied (don't be disheartened if you want it bad enough it will come! ) ? This would be my first :scared:

7. Where did you apply this cycle? All international

8. What's your top choice..? Any international :D

9. What do you do to fund applying to/waiting for vet school? I am the Dir of Ops for a start up company that funds life insurance premiums for high net worth individuals. Going on my 5th year. Credit crisis is NOT helping :mad:

10. In 2 sentences sum up why you deserve to be the best vet you can be... ? Don't necessarily deserve it, but it's time to give back to society. I plan on donating a significant amount of my time/experience.

11. What's your dream vet job? What types, own your own practice... or work for someone? Equine or Mixed Animal vet in the rolling countryside. Own practice.

12. Married? Children? Not anymore. No. And where did all the men go in vet school????

13. I'm sure you have at least 1 pet! Tell me about them! Ahhhh, my boys. Harley - 3.5 yr old Yorkie and Mugsy 2.5 yo Yorkie. Harley is my snuggle bunny, handsome boy who cannot be away from me for more than 2 minutes. Mugger is a mess - he is athletic, a troublemaker and makes me laugh all the time. Love my boys :D

14. Where did your screen name come from? I was a corporate jet pilot for 7 years.

15. Extracurriculars? Any kind of physical activity. Traveling.

16. Any interesting hobbies? Kind of. I am a Mixed Martial Artist, or MMA fighter (like in the cage - think UFC). I have fought in boxing and kickboxing. I moved to Las Vegas to train full time and turn Pro.

17. Any totally weird habits/skills/um.... anything?? Thank goodness I can't think of anything for this ;)

18. Any places that strike your fancy that you haven't been to you?? Many. Italy, Greece, Dubai, Australia, NZ, Japan, Brazil.....the list goes on.

19. Is there anything interesting that makes you unique... of course there is!? I think at my age being: single, childless, a fighter and hoping to be a full time student in the Fall should definitely cover it :wow:

20. Have you ever been addicted to video games/forums? Ummm yeah, pretty much. It all started with Atari 2600 (like, the FIRST one ever made :eek:) and hasn't stopped.

21. Is this your only forum your a member of?? Yes, and thank goodness!! I am an SDN Addict. I mean it IS 1045 pm here on the left coast on New Year's Eve and did I mention I'm single? :poke:

Happy New Year!! May everyone get into the school of their choice (especially LVT2DVM!!!!!)

5. cuitlamiztli

cuitlamiztli onward and upward
    7+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    I was going to do this earlier... And it wasn't 2009 when I started, but here goes:

1. What do you come to? Andrea.

2. Where is your natural habitat? Iowa.

3. Undergrad smarts, where are/did you get them? Iowa State.

4. Major, minor, not recognized major/minor? Zoology with a minor in animal ecology.

5. Post bacc smarts? Program/school? N/A

6. How many times have you applied? This is my second round.

7. Where did you apply this cycle? Only Iowa State, for a variety of reasons. We'll see if this was a wise decision.

8. What's your top choice...? Iowa State.

9. What do you do to fund applying to/waiting for vet school? Work at a small animal clinic.

10. In 2 sentences sum up why you deserve to be the best vet you can be...? Because, no matter how many alternative plans I consider, this is the only path that I can truly see myself following. And when the feeling of "oh my god, I want to do this so badly" hits as you're driving home from working at the emergency clinic at 2 am or helping restrain a bald eagle or when you're terrified because you're the only one there to help the vet perform an emergency c-section... you kinda know you're on the right path.

11. What's your dream vet job? What types, own your own practice... or work for someone? Working in a zoo. Working internationally, preferably focusing on Africa. Maybe something to do with pathology/infectious diseases/that sort of thing.

12. Married? Children? No and no. Eventually, though.

13. I'm sure you have at least 1 pet! Tell me about them! Abby (GSD/lab), Vanyel (GSD/Siberian husky), and Obi (seal point Siamese mix), Leaper (tuxedo Siamese mix), and Annie (GSD/we've decided on golden retriever).

14. Where did your screen name come from? Basically--I'm interested in cryptozoology, the cuitlamiztli* grabbed my attention years ago, and it's been my online handle ever since.

*The Aztec cuitlamiztli, or onza, was believed to be a distinct species of wild cat at the time of the conquistadores. They were consistently reported to be smaller, longer, and slenderer than pumas with long, thin legs; longer, more wolf-like ears; and faint striping along the insides of their forelegs. The current 'official' consensus, based on the genetic analysis of a single specimen, is that it is either a subspecies or morph of the puma.

15. Extracurriculars? I'm currently a docent at my local zoo... that's about it at the moment.

16. Any interesting hobbies? I'm an artist on the side (which is why it wasn't '09 when I started... I got the urge to finish a picture). I've also been known to do massive--think like 16 traits--punnet squares for fun.

17. Any totally weird habits/skills/um.... anything?? Hmm... I hardly ever take pictures of people (drives my sister, a photography student, nuts).

18. Any places that strike your fancy that you haven't been to you?? The Kalahari desert/Okavango delta. Kenya. South Africa. The caribbean side of Costa Rica. Belize. Brazil. Etc... etc...

19. Is there anything interesting that makes you unique... of course there is!? Um... I don't know if it's unique, but I can't focus on blue LED lights--they're just an obnoxious blur that hurts my eyes.

20. Have you ever been addicted to video games/forums? Video games, definitely. I'm not sure that my checking SDN a lot is quite an addiction yet...

21. Is this the only forum you're a member of?? Forum, yes. Online community, no.

#4 cuitlamiztli, Dec 31, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  6. DVMorBust

DVMorBust UW SVM Class of 2013
    2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    1. What do you come to? Please, Raimes, answer this one and shed light on the mystery!

2. Where is your natural habitat? Wisconsin. Cold, snow, freezing in the winter, hot hot hot in the summer. Maybe three weeks of good spring weather and three weeks of good fall weather.

3. Undergrad smarts, where are/did you get them? University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.

4. Major, minor, not recognized major/minor ( :idea: although your petitioning the dean and he just won't let (insert other word i.e. boys) be a major)? 1st degree: major: Linguistics; minor: Portuguese; certificate: Asian Studies (focus on Mandarin). 2nd (not completed) major: Biology

6. How many times have you applied (don't be disheartened if you want it bad enough it will come! ) ? This is try #1.

7. Where did you apply this cycle? Tufts, Missouri, Madison (I refuse to call it just 'Wisconsin' because it totally ignores all of the other state schools. Madison has a big enough complex already:laugh:)

8. What's your top choice.. :xf:? Tufts!

9. What do you do to fund applying to/waiting for vet school? Fund it? haha! Um...I work in a genetics lab, and I spent the summer working for the Department of Natural Resources on a research project. Also student loans are nice.

10. In 2 sentences sum up why you deserve to be the best vet you can be... :thumbup: ? It might be lame, but now that I've been accepted and I see everyone still waiting to hear, I'm most excited about helping other people get in to vet school once I'm practicing...so...I'm nice? Maybe?

11. What's your dream vet job? What types, own your own practice... or work for someone? Hmm...Well, I'm having a private/public sector crisis - but if I do private sector, definitely equine - either a rural practice or a sport horse specialty...is it odd that I know better what I want to do in 20+ years? I would LOVE to wind up teaching after a long stint out in the field.

12. Married? Children? Married, yes. Children, nosirree.

13. I'm sure you have at least 1 pet! Tell me about them!:rolleyes: For the warm-bloodeds: two dogs - Ernie (springer/beagle mix) and Sirius (border collie mix). Cold-bloodeds: Disco Bandit (radix garter snake) and Winchester (african clawed frog)

14. :cool: Where did your screen name come from? DVM...or...Bust...Funny story - one of my friends who's a premed on the pre-allo forums tracked me down and she was like 'What's Morbust? And what does DV stand for?"

15. Extracurriculars? Equestrian team

16. Any interesting hobbies? Geocaching!

17. Any totally wierd habits/skills/um.... anything? :eek: ? Uh...

18. Any places that strike your fancy that you haven't been to you?? Brazil. Want to go so badly.

19. Is there anything interesting that makes you unique... of course there is! :love: ? I speak Spanish, Portuguese and Mandarin...

20. Have you ever been addicted :oops: to video games/forums? Yes to both. (Luckily, I get addicted to video games like Prince of Persia or God of War so after a 24 hour straight marathon I'm able to shut them off 'cause they're beaten)

21. :sleep: Is this your only forum your a member of?? No.

7. BodhiBird

BodhiBird TCSVM c/o 2013
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    1. What do you come to? That is a little too personal at the moment.

2. Where is your natural habitat? Florida!!! I live down the street from a bay and a 10 minute drive from the beach!

3. Undergrad smarts, where are/did you get them? New College of Florida... ever heard of it?

4. Major, minor, not recognized major/minor ( :idea: although your petitioning the dean and he just won't let (insert other word i.e. boys) be a major)? Biology with a strong focus in chemistry.

6. How many times have you applied (don't be disheartened if you want it bad enough it will come! ) ? This is "kind of" my second time... it's a long story which I will tell if I get accepted :laugh:

7. Where did you apply this cycle? Just Tufts

8. What's your top choice.. ? Tufts!

9. What do you do to fund applying to/waiting for vet school? I'm a veterinary technician.

10. In 2 sentences sum up why you deserve to be the best vet you can be... ? Everything I have done in my life has been geared toward becoming a veterinarian. I love the profession and want to promote ethics and conservation in the field.

11. What's your dream vet job? What types, own your own practice... or work for someone? Internship at an awesome zoo and become board certified in either zoological or avian medicine. Eventually I would like to manage my own practice with an emphasis on birds and other exotics.

12. Married? Children? Extremely single.

13. I'm sure you have at least 1 pet! Tell me about them!:rolleyes: Tankah (a rescued boxer/mastiff mix), Zoom (a rescued persian calico), Zazu (green cheek conure), Milo (bronze-winged pionus, changing name because "she" laid two eggs :eek:), Cozmo (red-eared slider), and Maurice (corn snake)... actually wanting to find good homes for the reptiles if I end up moving to Tufts.

14. :cool: Where did your screen name come from? Bodhi means enlightened in sanskrit and I find birds very enlightening :D... and one day in the very far off I want a hyacinth macaw named Bodhi!

15. Extracurriculars? Running and weight-lifting.

16. Any interesting hobbies? Meditation

17. Any totally wierd habits/skills/um.... anything? :eek: ? I'm a vegetarian which some people might consider a wierd habit.

18. Any places that strike your fancy that you haven't been to you?? I'd like to safari in Africa, tour Europe and feeze in Russia!

19. Is there anything interesting that makes you unique... of course there is! :love: ? I'm Buddhist and vegetarian.

20. Have you ever been addicted :oops: to video games/forums? Guilty.

21. :sleep: Is this your only forum your a member of?? Yes.

8. Raimes

5+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    Lol... I didn't mean for it to be sexual! I meant like namesssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know like my dog comes to all sorts of names.. hahaha

Oh no.. :oops:

9. cozycleo

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    1. What do you come to? My name. LOL

2. Where is your natural habitat? Currently Minnesota. I've lived all over the midwest.

3. Undergrad smarts, where are/did you get them? I have two AS degrees, no BS or BA yet. I'm currently at the U of MN.

4. Major, minor, not recognized major/minor ( :idea: although your petitioning the dean and he just won't let (insert other word i.e. boys) be a major)? First two AS degrees were in legal office admin and paralegal. Currently trying to get enrolled in Animal Science program (clinical lab sciences as a secondary)

5. Post bacc smarts? Program/school? NA

6. How many times have you applied (don't be disheartened if you want it bad enough it will come! ) ? Still working on my classes for my first application

7. Where did you apply this cycle? NA

8. What's your top choice.. :xf:? Minnesota, but I'm also looking at a few OOS schools

9. What do you do to fund applying to/waiting for vet school? Quit my law job to work in retail so I could focus on school

10. In 2 sentences sum up why you deserve to be the best vet you can be... :thumbup: ? I have a professional career under my belt already. I understand what these types of professionals expect and I am eager for the challenge in a career that appears to be the right fit for me.

11. What's your dream vet job? What types, own your own practice... or work for someone? No private practice. I'd like to work for the govt agencies or some other forum of public service (public health, food animal). Second choice is possibly emergency or surgical medicine. I still don't want to own my own practice, but maybe years down the road I've thought about buying a hobby farm and running some kind of animal rescue/retirement.

12. Married? Children? Married. No kids yet (see controversial family thread below) :D

13. I'm sure you have at least 1 pet! Tell me about them!:rolleyes: Three cats - one calico, one black domestic medium hair, and one tuxedo.

14. :cool: Where did your screen name come from? Combined names of two adopted cats I got about 4 years ago.

15. Extracurriculars? Work, volunteering, various home improvement projects

16. Any interesting hobbies? Not lately.

17. Any totally wierd habits/skills/um.... anything? :eek: ? I can quote or remember something from just about every movie or show I've ever seen. Which only means I watch too much TV and too many movies I suppose.

18. Any places that strike your fancy that you haven't been to you?? Ireland, New Zealand, Australia

19. Is there anything interesting that makes you unique... of course there is! :love: ? I'm probably the only person here who has worked for lawyers for the better part of the last decade. I worked in corporate law for many years, so I've worked with everything from the small clients with one or two local businesses to the multi-billion dollar corporations. I think that definitely gives me perspective when dealing with people in any field.

20. Have you ever been addicted :oops: to video games/forums? I've been addicted to one particular forum for 7 years now (not this one)

21. :sleep: Is this your only forum your a member of?? Nope! I need to get away from the computer.

10. littlelisa

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    1. What do you come to? I come to Lisa

2. Where is your natural habitat? Wisconsin my whole life, started in Madison, moved to Milwaukee for college

3. Undergrad smarts, where are/did you get them? University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee

4. Major, minor, not recognized major/minor ( :idea: although your petitioning the dean and he just won't let (insert other word i.e. boys) be a major)? Biology with a chemistry minor (graduating in may)

5. Post bacc smarts? Program/school? nope

6. How many times have you applied (don't be disheartened if you want it bad enough it will come! ) ? this is the first

7. Where did you apply this cycle? Madison, Minnesota, Ohio, Iowa, Illinois, Purdue, Michigan, Colorado

8. What's your top choice.. :xf:? Madison of course, the best part of Wisconsin

9. What do you do to fund applying to/waiting for vet school? working a bit at a small animal clinic, student loans, a little help from my parents and family, more student loans, and student loans

10. In 2 sentences sum up why you deserve to be the best vet you can be... :thumbup: ? I hope anyone who is accepted into vet school truly deserves to be there. Hopefully I'll be one of them.

11. What's your dream vet job? What types, own your own practice... or work for someone? I'm not completely sure what my dream vet job is, I'm open to learning everything there is to know if vet school and figuring it out when I get there. I've thought about owning my own practice, but from what I've seen I think it would be less stressful to co-own a practice with another DVM. Owning a practice to me seems like you need a business degree before you are fully prepared for all the financial and legal responsibility associated with it. I guess I really don't know yet what I want to do.

12. Married? Children? not married yet, no children yet, but plan on having them. This also plays a part for my decisions about owning my own practice as stated above. How on earth would I own a veterinary practice while raising children??? lets just get into vet school first.

13. I'm sure you have at least 1 pet! Tell me about them!:rolleyes: 3 cats (Kooper, Tucker, Henry) and 2 red eared slider turtles (Mel and Rex). Sometimes I wish I was one of my own cats...

14. :cool: Where did your screen name come from? at work there's 2 Lisa's. I come to "Little Lisa" at work.

15. Extracurriculars? I'm a big sister (Big Brothers Big Sisters), volunteer with wildlife rehab at the humane society

16. Any interesting hobbies? yoga, running when its not freezing, gardening when its not freezing, reading books when it is freezing

17. Any totally wierd habits/skills/um.... anything? :eek: ? not today

18. Any places that strike your fancy that you haven't been to you?? I've never been out of the country.... but I'd like to travel somewhere that its not freezing (because Wisconsin is freezing right now)

19. Is there anything interesting that makes you unique... of course there is! :love: ? um, I don't know

20. Have you ever been addicted :oops: to video games/forums? I've never been really good at video games... but yes, I am becoming addicted to SDN

21. :sleep: Is this your only forum your a member of?? yes

11. lailanni

lailanni c/o 2012
    Veterinarian 10+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    Man, nothing is open on NY's day! Dang it!

1. What do you come to? ?

2. Where is your natural habitat? Western Washington. I'm very partial to Hawaii though.

3. Undergrad smarts, where are/did you get them? University of Washington

4. Major, minor, not recognized major/minor BS Forest Resources

5. Post bacc smarts? Program/school? WSU Vet Med

6. How many times have you applied (don't be disheartened if you want it bad enough it will come! ) ? One

7. Where did you apply this cycle? Already in

8. What's your top choice.. :xf:? I'm at my top choice

9. What do you do to fund applying to/waiting for vet school? working a bit at a small animal clinic, working at a bakery

10. In 2 sentences sum up why you deserve to be the best vet you can be... :thumbup: ? Because I can.

11. What's your dream vet job? What types, own your own practice... or work for someone? Traveling around as a relief vet for vets on maternity leave at different clinics, also working in emergency

12. Married? Children? Ugh. No, and definately no.

13. I'm sure you have at least 1 pet! Tell me about them! One awesome rabbit, some fosters

14. :cool: Where did your screen name come from? I liked it

15. Extracurriculars? There were a lot before I got into vet school

16. Any interesting hobbies? baking

17. Any totally wierd habits/skills/um.... anything? :eek: ? knife throwing

18. Any places that strike your fancy that you haven't been to you?? Ireland, Egypt, Jordan

19. Is there anything interesting that makes you unique... of course there is! :love: ? my thumbprint

20. Have you ever been addicted :oops: to video games/forums? Eh, include that under hobbies.

21. :sleep: Is this your only forum your a member of?? yes

12. Raimes

5+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    1. What are you called on a regular basis that gets your attention (name)? Rachel

2. Where is your natural habitat? In Connectciut... I hate it, and it's little and cold.

3. Undergrad smarts, where are/did you get them? UCONN/WCSU

4. Major, minor, not recognized major/minor ( :idea: although you're petitioning the dean and he just won't let (insert other word i.e. boys) be a major)? I think complaining should be a major.. I would be awesome at it.. noo I'm kidding.. Biology of course.. minor poss. in chem.

5. Post bacc smarts? Program/school? Nope nada.

6. How many times have you applied (don't be disheartened if you want it bad enough it will come! ) ? This would be my first time everrr...

7. Where did you apply this cycle? Iowa, Kansas, and Ross...

8. What's your top choice.. :xf:? Iowa most definatly...

9. What do you do to fund applying to/waiting for vet school? My mommy and daddy... sorta... haha... um... I'm a vet tech/assistant at a general practice, moocows, goaties, sheeps, horses, dogs, cats, ect...

10. In 2 sentences sum up why you deserve to be the best vet you can be... :thumbup: ? Because there has never been a day when I didn't wake up thinking about animals, I love all species, I'm caring, I'm dedicated. I breath, live and sleep for my job.. I know it's a part time job, but I wake up every morning thinking will be this the day I get my big chance, I don't think I could see myself anywhere else.

11. What's your dream vet job? What types, own your own practice... or work for someone? Large animal, with of course SA on the side if needed, and I would like to just work for myself, although I might not mind working at a big LA clinic.

12. Married? Children? Negative on them both.. and I honestly don't see myself with children ... ever.

13. I'm sure you have at least 1 pet! Tell me about them!:rolleyes: I've got at least 2 of everything. 3 dogs, 2 kittens, 2 horses oh.. and I only have one gecko.. but I am in the process of getting more cold blooded animals.

14. :cool: Where did your screen name come from? My intials .. with the last intial cut off and a S added.. so Rachel A... M... oh and a I Because my nick name is spelt Rai.. idk why.. but it is.

15. Extracurriculars? Horseback riding, working.. I used to play soccer pretty heavily, and ended up getting a scholarship down in KY for cheerleading, but gave that up for a stupid boy.

16. Any interesting hobbies? Photography, painting.

17. Any totally wierd habits/skills/um.... anything? :eek: ? I love ketchup on EVERYTHING and have to sit crosslegged where ever I may have placed my buttocks.... skills.. hm... noo.... ha.

18. Any places that strike your fancy that you haven't been to you?? Omg.. most of Europe. The south of france probably.. St. Tropez.

19. Is there anything interesting that makes you unique... of course there is! :love: ? I have a metal plate and 6 screws in my collarbone, from breaking it, and having a large displacement in the break. It was from an accident with my horse.

20. Have you ever been addicted :oops: to video games/forums? Oh for sure.. I LOVE forums.. Idk why.. haha.. and video games.. I've been told I'm very intense when I get into stuff.. I would say obsessed.. haha.. but yes for both.

21. :sleep: Is this your only forum your a member of?? Nope... I'm a member of 3 other forums that I frequent, and 3 others I don't that much.

13. BayleeVet2B

BayleeVet2B UGA CVM Class of 2013!
    2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    1. What are you called on a regular basis that gets your attention (name)? Jennifer

2. Where is your natural habitat? Born in FL, but live in SC now

3. Undergrad smarts, where are/did you get them? College of Charleston

4. Major, minor, not recognized major/minor ( :idea: although you're petitioning the dean and he just won't let (insert other word i.e. boys) be a major)? Biology

5. Post bacc smarts? Program/school? Still working on the first one

6. How many times have you applied (don't be disheartened if you want it bad enough it will come! ) ? Virgin (applicant that is)

7. Where did you apply this cycle? UGA, UTK, Mississippi, CSU, UF

8. What's your top choice.. :xf:? UGA (contract state)

9. What do you do to fund applying to/waiting for vet school? I'm a really good daughter and my mom and dad love me alot! Plus they didn't have to pay for undergrad! :D

10. In 2 sentences sum up why you deserve to be the best vet you can be... :thumbup: ? It's the only thing I can see myself doing and still be happy

11. What's your dream vet job? What types, own your own practice... or work for someone? Zoo for sure

12. Married? Children? No and no

13. I'm sure you have at least 1 pet! Tell me about them!:rolleyes: Yellow lab, Baylee; 25 pound cat, Shemp; and Boo, a kitty that I found in our backyard on Halloween

14. :cool: Where did your screen name come from? See #13

15. Extracurriculars? who's got time for that!

16. Any interesting hobbies? none of these either

17. Any totally weird habits/skills/um.... anything? :eek: ? I stick out my tongue funny when I pet my animals (my dad does the same thing)

18. Any places that strike your fancy that you haven't been to you?? Always wanted to go on safari in Africa

19. Is there anything interesting that makes you unique... of course there is! :love: ? I want to be a vet in a family full of "human" medicine types
    20. Have you ever been addicted :oops: to video games/forums? Just Wii bowling
    21. :sleep: Is this your only forum your a member of?? Yep

14. DreamComeTrue09

DreamComeTrue09 Second time the charm?
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    x

#13 DreamComeTrue09, Jan 1, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  15. david594

david594 The-OSU CVM c/o 2013
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    1. What are you called on a regular basis that gets your attention (name)? Nothing, I have very selective hearing.

2. Where is your natural habitat? New England, 18 years in Massachusetts, 4 in upstate NY, and the last 2 back in MA.

3. Undergrad smarts, where are/did you get them? Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. I cant imagine any school I could possible love to hate more.

4. Major, minor, not recognized major/minor ( :idea: although you're petitioning the dean and he just won't let (insert other word i.e. boys) be a major)? Undergrad in Computer Science. I can fix your wireless internet and your printer!

5. Post bacc smarts? Program/school? Zoo-Mass. Took 49 credits as a second bachelors student and will be dropping out this semester.

6. How many times have you applied (don't be disheartened if you want it bad enough it will come! ) ? 1 (first and last)

7. Where did you apply this cycle? Florida, Ohio, Michigan, Colorado and UPEI.

8. What's your top choice.. :xf:? Whoever will accept me. :D

9. What do you do to fund applying to/waiting for vet school? I work ~40 hours a week as a vet tech between 2 jobs.

10. In 2 sentences sum up why you deserve to be the best vet you can be... :thumbup: ? I don't deserve to be a vet. But I do think I have the skills to succeed at it.

11. What's your dream vet job? What types, own your own practice... or work for someone? Board certified surgeon working as a clinical instructor at a teaching hospital.

12. Married? Children? I could go for being married, maybe even kids some day.

13. I'm sure you have at least 1 pet! Tell me about them!:rolleyes: Stanley(2.5yo) and Pearl(3yo), my pair of Southern Flying Squirrels.

14. :cool: Where did your screen name come from? Its generic and I use it or some variation on every forum I am on.

15. Extracurriculars? Does work count? Otherwise I volunteer as a vet tech at a large shelter.

16. Any interesting hobbies? I fix/drive/ride/restore old vehicles. I drive a 1968 vw bus and ride a 1979 vespa scooter.

17. Any totally wierd habits/skills/um.... anything? :eek: ? I juggle; fire, knives, baseball bats, whatever.

18. Any places that strike your fancy that you haven't been to you?? British Columbia would be a cool place to visit.

19. Is there anything interesting that makes you unique... of course there is! :love: ? Not really.

20. Have you ever been addicted :oops: to video games/forums? I live on forums. And play the occasional game of DOD.

21. :sleep: Is this your only forum your a member of?? No.

16. TrocarKarin

TrocarKarin WesternU 2014
    5+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    1. What are you called on a regular basis that gets your attention (name)? Karin

2. Where is your natural habitat? The Rocky Mountains

3. Undergrad smarts, where are/did you get them? University of Colorado

4. Major, minor, not recognized major/minor ( :idea: although you're petitioning the dean and he just won't let (insert other word i.e. boys) be a major)? My major's in organismic biology. No minor, but I do have an associate's degree in mortuary science.

5. Post bacc smarts? Program/school? nope

6. How many times have you applied (don't be disheartened if you want it bad enough it will come! ) ? This next cycle will be my first

8. What's your top choice.. :xf:? CSU (Yay for in-state tuition!)

9. What do you do to fund applying to/waiting for vet school? I work as a vet's assistant, and I do webdesign on the side.

10. In 2 sentences sum up why you deserve to be the best vet you can be... :thumbup: ?

11. What's your dream vet job? What types, own your own practice... or work for someone? I jump around. Sometimes emergency medicine sounds promising, sometimes pathology sounds like it'd be interesting. I would like to own my own practice.

12. Married? Children? Yes, and hell no.

13. I'm sure you have at least 1 pet! Tell me about them!:rolleyes: 2 dobermans and 2 cats.

14. :cool: Where did your screen name come from? My first name combined with an embalming tool.

15. Extracurriculars? I help teach a puppy kindergarten class, I manage a local metal band, and I train with and decoy for a schutzhund group every week.

16. Any interesting hobbies? I play guitar, bass, cello and harp. I'm working on restoring my '67 cadillac hearse.

17. Any totally wierd habits/skills/um.... anything? :eek: ? Well, I'm a damn good body piercer and a damn good embalmer. Those are pretty odd skills.

18. Any places that strike your fancy that you haven't been to you?? I haven't traveled much at all. So pretty much anywhere.

19. Is there anything interesting that makes you unique... of course there is! :love: ? My DNA?

20. Have you ever been addicted :oops: to video games/forums? Games no. Forums, yes.

21. :sleep: Is this your only forum you're a member of?? There are 4-5 forums I read every day.

17. sambone

sambone Cornell 2013
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    How do you copy and paste the list, while maintaining the bold highlighting?

18. TrocarKarin

TrocarKarin WesternU 2014
    5+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    Hit the quote button. Erase the beginning and end of the message where "quote" is in brackets. Each item on the list will have a "b" in brackets that tell it to be bold. Type outside the brackets.

19. sambone

sambone Cornell 2013
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    Thanks Trocar - I had always cut and pasted using the little quote icon in the toolbar (which doesn't save formatting) and never noticed the quote button before. Duh!

20. rachroo

rachroo OSU CVM c/o 2013
    5+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    1. What are you called on a regular basis that gets your attention (name)? Rachel. I also respond to a multitude of nick names from various people.

2. Where is your natural habitat? SW Ohio.

3. Undergrad smarts, where are/did you get them? Miami University (of Ohio...not Florida!)

4. Major, minor, not recognized major/minor ( :idea: although you're petitioning the dean and he just won't let (insert other word i.e. boys) be a major)? Zoology

5. Post bacc smarts? Program/school? Well, I just graduated a few weeks ago but I will be taking 1 post bacc class for this Spring semester.

6. How many times have you applied (don't be disheartened if you want it bad enough it will come! ) ? This was my first application cycle.

7. Where did you apply this cycle? Ohio, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, and Western.

8. What's your top choice.. :xf:? Honestly, they all are great schools with programs that could help me become a DVM...but I'd have to say Ohio since it's my IS and tuition would be muuuchh lower!!

9. What do you do to fund applying to/waiting for vet school? Haha, I have been saving since I was 8 years old. I also have worked PT in high school and college. Now that I've graduated, starting Monday I will be working FT. My parents have also agreed to help with what they can. Take all of that combined and and then whatever is left (which will be alot) will be from loans.

10. In 2 sentences sum up why you deserve to be the best vet you can be... :thumbup: ? I wake up with a smile on my face everyday I get to work in the veterinary field. I honestly feel like I have wanted to do this since I was five (corny I know, but true) and have never been more passionate about anything.

11. What's your dream vet job? What types, own your own practice... or work for someone? Well...I know that I could change my mind but my interests include: SA, exotics, wildlife, public health/bioterroism, and traveling around the world to help people/animals/conservation.

12. Married? Children? As of right now, I am single and homo sapien childless (but I do have pets!). One day, though, I'd like to be married with kids.

One Siberian Husky named Casey; two DSH cats, who I really only call by their many nicknames :)

14. :cool: Where did your screen name come from? It's a nickname my dad has been calling me since I was a kid. It is a combo of my name and the the baby kangaoo (named Roo) from Winnie the Pooh.

15. Extracurriculars? Photography, cooking, traveling, reading, water/jet skiing, hiking....the list goes on and on.

16. Any interesting hobbies? Caring for baboons in South Africa and helping with South African conservation. Or, you could see #15.

17. Any totally wierd habits/skills/um.... anything? :eek: ? Being weird is pretty relative...soo....you'd have to ask my family and friends. :)

18. Any places that strike your fancy that you haven't been to you?? Heck yes...I love to travel! Name a country and I want to go there (even if I've already been there). I have absolute wonderlust.

19. Is there anything interesting that makes you unique... of course there is! :love: ? See #17 above.

20. Have you ever been addicted :oops: to video games/forums? Yes.

21. Is this your only forum your a member of?? At the present time, yes.

21. Badger Girl

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    ]1. What are you called on a regular basis that gets your attention (name)? Erin

2. Where is your natural habitat? Wisconsin....all my life

3. Undergrad smarts, where are/did you get them? UW-Eau Claire

4. Major, minor, not recognized major/minor ( :idea: although you're petitioning the dean and he just won't let (insert other word i.e. boys) be a major)? Social Work

5. Post bacc smarts? Program/school? Social work, UW-Oshkosh

6. How many times have you applied (don't be disheartened if you want it bad enough it will come! ) ? Probably won't be applying for two more cycles...just working on pre-reqs now

7. Where did you apply this cycle? N/A

8. What's your top choice.. :xf:? When I do apply, Madison will be my one and only

9. What do you do to fund applying to/waiting for vet school? Work full-time as a child protection social worker....yep, I'm the one that sometimes removes kids from their homes. It is a really draining job on so many levels...and I definitely don't see myself in it forever (which is why I'm here!)

10. In 2 sentences sum up why you deserve to be the best vet you can be... :thumbup: ? B/C I finally have found something that just feels right.

11. What's your dream vet job? What types, own your own practice... or work for someone? I am strictly a SA girl....I am a bit obsessed with dogs. I am really interested in animal behavior and animal welfare. I'd also like to teach at some point.

12. Married? Children? BF but not married. No kids.

Beamer, St. Bernard
    Bentley, Mastiff
    Chloe, Calico
    Jack & Huey, Brown Tabby

14. :cool: Where did your screen name come from? I am from/live in the badger state and I am a girl. Pretty simple! :)

15. Extracurriculars? Cooking, drinking wine. My anti-hobbies are shopping and camping.

16. Any interesting hobbies? Hmmm. Nope.

17. Any totally wierd habits/skills/um.... anything? :eek: ? Gosh, I guess not. I'm pretty boring.

18. Any places that strike your fancy that you haven't been to you?? I am not much of a traveler, but I'd definitely like to see Germany and Ireland someday.

19. Is there anything interesting that makes you unique... of course there is! :love: ? Well, I think all the crazy stuff I've seen in my job have definitely given me some new perspectives on life. I feel pretty confident that I can talk to nearly anyone about nearly anything!

20. Have you ever been addicted :oops: to video games/forums? Nope

21. Is this your only forum your a member of?? Yep

22. 168135

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    1. What are you called on a regular basis that gets your attention
    ?
    Samantha

Nova Scotia, Canada

Currently attending a small university in Nova Scotia.

4. Major, minor, not recognized major/minor?
    Major is biology, minor is psychology.

N/A.

6. How many times have you applied?
    No where yet.

No where.

Can't decide if I'd rather go to AVC in PEI or one of the Caribbean vet schools.

I have a part-time job and I work when I'm home for the summer... but it's not helping out a whole heck of a lot.

I want a job where I can make a difference, and in my heart I believe that working with animals is the best way that I can do that.

11. What's your dream vet job? What types, own your own practice... or work for someone?
    I'm currently interrested in small animal and exotic. I want to work in a practice with other doctors and/or do shelter work, but this could change!

12. Married? Children?
    No and no!

Susie: black and white shorthaired cat. When my family bought our house, we adopted her from the old owner of the house. She was a stray that was adopted from the shelter. She's supposed to be 9, but she's probably older. Her favorite things to do are play with crinkle balls, follow me to bed, jump up on the window ledge, beg for food, and clean herself.

Thor: my crowntail betta. He's here in my dorm room, chilling in his 2 gallon tank. He likes to get mad at people, chill out on his silk plants, and get aggressive with his food.

I made it up.

15. Extracurriculars?
    Right now, biology society and youth bowling. It's incredibly hard for me to get animal experience here or home. Last summer I walked dogs at the animal shelter, and it's about time that I start calling clinics and bugging them again.

I LOVE to bowl, and I have an interrest in urban exploration! Last semester I had to take an environmental biology course and I'm taking a field course this summer. I get to spend three weeks on an uninhabited island and learn about the plant and animal life there. I am so excited. Oh yeah, I'm into fish keeping! I know tons about how to humanely cycle and stock smaller aquariums. I like piercings too :p

I can clover my tongue. I currently work at Dairy Queen as a cake lady!

Alaska! I blame it on the movie "Alaska".

19. Is there anything interesting that makes you unique... of course there is! :love: ?
    I didn't go to the agriculture college like all of the other pre-vets. I went my own way, and have no regrets.

I spent all Christmas break playing Roller Coaster Tycoon... and I will never ever give up my NES!

Not at all. Aquahobby, Body Modification Forum, and Veggieboards are the ones I check most often if I get a chance.

23. twelvetigers

twelvetigers stabby cat

Veterinarian
    1. What are you called on a regular basis that gets your attention?
    Rhiannon. It's a mouthful. Fleetwood Mac, anyone?

Born and raised in Oklahoma, but I know I won't stay here forever. I could probably live anywhere, though I'd like to live a bit closer to an ocean...

OSU. That's Oklahoma State University, mind you.

4. Major, minor, not recognized major/minor?
    Was animal science, switched to zoology. Considered a minor in Japanese but decided not to overload myself...

Not yet, but if I don't get in next time, it's certainly possible.

6. How many times have you applied?
    Once last year, didn't this year. Will try again next year. (Or, later this year, since it's 2009 now!)

Didn't, but applied to just Oklahoma last year.

Well, Oklahoma of course. I'm settled here, and the price is right, and I already know lots of the professors and clinicians...

I work about 30 hrs/week at a local small animal practice. But, the parentals will pay my application fees with the understanding that all tuition once I get in will be loans that I'll have to repay. Which will be fine... my hub's networking job is nothing to sneeze at.

Nothing on this earth could be as all-consuming as my desire to attend vet school and spend every day of my life doing something I love so dearly. This leads me to believe that I would probably be good at it, too.

I'd like to specialize in some area of feline medicine, or become a board certified clinical pathologist. Given the latter, I would love to teach from that position.

12. Married? Children?
    Yes and no, though the latter is weighing on my mind more heavily than it probably should. I can't even explain why - doubt I could blame it on some biological clock. Who knows.

I have a friend in vet school that does not have pets, and has not had any all through undergrad. Isn't that just strange?
    I have the Pembroke Welsh Corgi, Chloe, that is featured in my icon of course. Also Slater a.k.a. Tater Tot the Turkish Angora, and Vesper the DLH. Both are all black. And hard to tell apart if you've just met them. Slater is my baby boy, and Vesper is... insane? I'm sure there's no one on this planet that could possibly love an tolerate that flatulent, loud, bothersome cat as much as husband and I do.

The mind of a fourth grader. It was mostly ramdom but it has grown on me over the years... it has twelve letters, it has a ring to it.

15. Extracurriculars?
    I still play the French Horn sometimes, though it's been sitting, neglected, in the back of my closet for most of this semester. I also enjoy reading, when there's time.

I think I answered that above. I'm not into any sports or involved in any clubs, so hobbies are all I really have.

17. Any totally weird habits/skills/um.... anything? :eek: ?
    Err... no. I have a good memory, but its incredibly sporadic and not that helpful in practical ways, like studying...

Way too many places to list. I hope to travel a lot someday, but with my family.

Um... I'm insane? I can play cribbage, bridge, canasta, pinochle, sheepshead, gin, hearts, spades... crazy eights? You name it.

Never had any video games growing up so I really don't have much to do with them now. I've had a Neopets account for nearly nine years... had a brief and uneventful fling with Furcadia... and used to be one of those crazy, top-ranking people in Yahoo! Games for Gin (Rummy). I do love card games.

Yep. I try to limit myself.

24. DreamComeTrue09

DreamComeTrue09 Second time the charm?
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    What?! Someone here whom is actually from CT and UCONN?! Well, since my major was animal science, I probably don't know you and you probably dont know me! UCONN is a very big place! Well I certainly know one of the reasons why your rooting for Iowa. Wouldn't it be lovely to get one of those contract seats?!

25. TurtleLover

TurtleLover LSU SVM c/o 2013!!
    5+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    1. What are you called on a regular basis that gets your attention (name)? Tiff

2. Where is your natural habitat? Florida, originally from Miami, now in Orlando

3. Undergrad smarts, where are/did you get them? UCF

4. Major, minor, not recognized major/minor ( :idea: although you're petitioning the dean and he just won't let (insert other word i.e. boys) be a major)? Biology

5. Post bacc smarts? Program/school? Doing post-bac now as non-degree seeking

6. How many times have you applied (don't be disheartened if you want it bad enough it will come! ) ? This is my 2nd time.

7. Where did you apply this cycle? Western, LSU, St. Matthews University, UPenn

8. What's your top choice.. :xf:? Western

9. What do you do to fund applying to/waiting for vet school? Savings and parents....still looking for a job for the last 3 months!

10. In 2 sentences sum up why you deserve to be the best vet you can be... :thumbup: ? I naturally respond to animals in distress/humans for that matter and always want to help everyone. This is my calling!

11. What's your dream vet job? What types, own your own practice... or work for someone? Eventually working at SeaWorld or Animal Kingdom as their vet. I like marine mammals and reptiles especially.

12. Married? Children? Nope

13. I'm sure you have at least 1 pet! Tell me about them!:rolleyes: I have two african fat tail geckos, Sahara (4yrs) and Togo (1.5 yrs). And two beta fish, a male and female...separated, lol.

14. :cool: Where did your screen name come from? I love marine turtles and have done two years of research with them.

15. Extracurriculars? I used to do intramural sports, and now I volunteer with an eco-educational wildlife facility.

16. Any interesting hobbies? I used to collect M&M memorabilia

17. Any totally wierd habits/skills/um.... anything? :eek: ? I am double jointed in my elbows when i extend my arms out to my side, my elbows bend upwards, its kinda creepy looking, lol.

18. Any places that strike your fancy that you haven't been to you?? I really want to go to Australia and Costa Rica!

19. Is there anything interesting that makes you unique... of course there is! :love: ? As far as vet school is conerned, probably not, lol, typical white, female, but going for exotics...so theres a little bit of hope there! But for me personally, I am the only girl in my family and the only one in my family pursuing the sciences/medical field.

20. Have you ever been addicted :oops: to video games/forums? Oh yes! I loved my former roommates Rock Band...and of course I check this thing at least twice a day....is it Jan 5 yet?!! I want the schools to be back in action because of course all of the schools I applied to, we haven't heard back from yet...except a few UPenn interviews

21. :sleep: Is this your only forum your a member of?? No, I am also a member of the Geckos Unlimited forum to keep up with info about my wonderful geckos :D

26. LadyHitokiri

LadyHitokiri UIUC CVM Class of 2013!
    7+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    1. What are you called on a regular basis that gets your attention (name)? Lady H, or Heather

2. Where is your natural habitat? Currently 'Chambanavoy', Illinois (lol...Champaign/Urbana/Savoy), but originally from Chicago, IL

3. Undergrad smarts, where are/did you get them? UIUC (University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign)...also took a few courses over the summer at Northeastern University

4. Major, minor, not recognized major/minor ( :idea: although you're petitioning the dean and he just won't let (insert other word i.e. boys) be a major)? Major: Animal Science, Minor: Chemistry (would've loved to minor in Japanese, but didn't for the same reason as twelvetigers...)

5. Post bacc smarts? Program/school? None

6. How many times have you applied (don't be disheartened if you want it bad enough it will come! ) ? This is my first time

7. Where did you apply this cycle? Illinois, Iowa State (ISU)

8. What's your top choice.. :xf:? ISU

9. What do you do to fund applying to/waiting for vet school? Biting my fingernails off and hoping to sell them for a high price....lol jk

10. In 2 sentences sum up why you deserve to be the best vet you can be... :thumbup: ? This is the only thing for me that I feel that I can help the world (animals, people, and the environment) through my knowledge and skills of science and medicine

11. What's your dream vet job? What types, own your own practice... or work for someone? Working for the government in public health- either the CDC or USDA, etc.- and hopefully being able to perform research or field studies abroad

12. Married? Children? Nope

13. I'm sure you have at least 1 pet! Tell me about them!:rolleyes: I have a 13.5 year old male Australian Cattle Dog/American Eskimo mix, an 18 year old male Maine Coon mix, a 1.5 year old female Syrian hamster, and two 1.5 year old betta fish (a blue/red female and a white/red super delta tail male)

14. :cool: Where did your screen name come from? 'Hitokiri' basically means assassin/person killer in japanese, but I got it from a manga called Rurouni Kenshin that I was reading 4.5 years ago and I liked how it sounded. Then I just tacked 'Lady' onto the front because I'm a female and it makes it sound less harsh. lol

15. Extracurriculars? Reading books/manga, writing/self-publishing my own books/stories, playing In the Groove aka ITG (exercise!), playing videogames and watching anime, volunteering, and more.

16. Any interesting hobbies? Trying to increase my speed on completion of the rubiks cube (need to buy a better cube than the one I have now). I'm down to 2 mins 24 secs.

17. Any totally weird habits/skills/um.... anything? :eek: ? Nope. I'm completely normal in every way! (not!) Hah, I have a twin sister, and we can sometimes shout out the same number on a scale of 1-100 more than three times in a row without cheating!

18. Any places that strike your fancy that you haven't been to you?? JAPAN! Also, I've been to Brazil but would like to visit other South American countries...maybe Argentina?

19. Is there anything interesting that makes you unique... of course there is! :love: ? Like I said before...I have a twin sister! But we have our differences (in personality and looks too) so even though we are identical (proven in a monozygote test!), we are still unique in our own way!

20. Have you ever been addicted :oops: to video games/forums? Definitely. I've never pulled an all-nighter, but I've been close. I love lots of different types of games which I play on my SNES, PS2, GameCube, Wii, and DS Lite!) I used to be addicted to a website called GaiaOnline, but I don't really go on their forums anymore.

21. :sleep: Is this your only forum your a member of?? I'm a member of Tropical Fish Forums (need to receive/give advice on bettas!) and a few for some clubs I'm in like ddrillini.com (for the dance dance revolution club). Still a member of Gaia, but like I said, I don't go on their forums much.

27. MooSuga

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    1. What are you called on a regular basis that gets your attention (name)?
    *Jennifer

*NYC, Astoria Queens

*Hunter College CUNY

4. Major, minor, not recognized major/minor ( :idea: although you're petitioning the dean and he just won't let (insert other word i.e. boys) be a major)?
    *Majoring in Accounting

*None at the moment

6. How many times have you applied (don't be disheartened if you want it bad enough it will come! ) ?
    *Haven't even started

*N/A

* U Penn

*Hoping my settlement arrives within the next year, then my expenses will be cut in half. But I still need to work...ho humph

*I have a natural nurturing trait which makes me take care of the things I love, and I do all that I can plus more.

*Ideally, I would love to travel and work as a vet. Realistically, I want to own my own practice and set-up an organization for animals in dire distress or needs. Plus, I want to be a volunteering vet.

12. Married? Children?
    *Will be married by next year or the year after. Children: I would love to have them right now...but I have to pursue my goals.

*Have a 3 month kitten named Dumpster. Found her abandoned at the age of 3 weeks. She doesn't really meow but makes noises closer to the guinea pigs.

*My fiance...he always says Moo and calls me suga

15. Extracurriculars?
    *Volunteer alot, I help orphaned children too

*interesting? no. I'm plain jane that cleans after everyone. Busy with house chores everyone else is too lazy to do. With all my volunteering activities and taking care after my lazy fiance i dont have time for hobbies.

*I might have OCD, but whenever I study alone, I like to write "notes" from the textbook which turns out to be the entire thing. If my notes are messy, I rip them up and re-write it to my satisfaction. I don't know how to stop...bad habit. I waste too much time doing so.

*Cambodia, I am very interested in humanitarian deminig. And would to volunteer for at rufgee camps throughout the world.

*I don't know if this qualifies as unique. But i try to help out others to the best I can, sometimes I can go to the extreme to help out others...giving back and helping is what I can go best.

*No video games for me...but I am addicted to Korean drama and movies. I neglect all things and stay up every night for 2 weeks watching their entire series. I seriously, neglect all things...I try to avoid watching anything now. once I am hooked....Im hooked for sure.

*no, Im a member of many forums....I dont even know their names. But this is the forum I am most obsessed about.

28. nyanko

nyanko 360noscope squidkid

Resident [Any Field]
    1. What are you called on a regular basis that gets your attention (name)? Sometimes not very pleasant things....

2. Where is your natural habitat? Davis, CA

3. Undergrad smarts, where are/did you get them? Northeastern University, University of Central Florida

4. Major, minor, not recognized major/minor? 1st BS: Computer Science, minor in Chem. 2nd BS: Molecular Biology and Microbiology with an honors thesis

5. Post bacc smarts? Program/school? Getting an MS in Animal Biology at UC Davis

6. How many times have you applied? Applied last cycle to UC Davis only.

7. Where did you apply this cycle? Nowhere! For next cycle my tentative list is UC Davis, CSU, Cornell, UPenn, Tufts, UW-Madison, TAMU, and Minnesota. Combined DVM/PhD programs, likely.

8. What's your top choice? UC Davis.

9. What do you do to fund applying to/waiting for vet school? In undergrad I was an unregistered vet tech, now I do research and TA.

10. In 2 sentences sum up why you deserve to be the best vet you can be? My goals involve a large contribution to the field of veterinary medicine in research, teaching and applied clinical education type work. So pick me! ;)

11. What's your dream vet job? What types, own your own practice... or work for someone? Faculty at a vet school in genetics involving basic research as well as clinical consultation/application.

12. Married? Children? No, never, for both.

13. I'm sure you have at least 1 pet! Tell me about them! Sam the Great Pyrenees is, er, big and white. Ridley the buff tabby DSH is my bff, Nyx the torti DSH is a fat brat (both are coming up on a year old and former research cats). Zelos the amelanistic corn snake is...a snake.

14. Where did your screen name come from? The depths of otaku nerdery.

15. Extracurriculars? Ice hockey, weird nerdy stuff.

16. Any interesting hobbies? I dunno if some of the nerdier hobbies I have are interesting or not so I'd rather not discuss. ;) I skateboard and snowboard, and am learning to play the guitar.

17. Any totally weird habits/skills/um.... anything? Meh. I'm sure most of my habits are super abnormal to most people. Skills? I can skateboard and snowboard well, I guess.

18. Any places that strike your fancy that you haven't been? I haven't been, like, anywhere that cool yet. Would like to go overseas anywhere, really.

19. Is there anything interesting that makes you unique? I think there is a lot that makes me unique, in general.

20. Have you ever been addicted to video games/forums? I CAN STOP AT ANY TIME OK IT IS NOT AN ADDICTION!! (this goes for both forums & video games btw)

21. Is this your only forum you're a member of? It's one of the few that has held my attention for more than a couple of months. The other is something awful.

29. hopefulvet21

hopefulvet21 Edinburgh c/o 2013
    2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    ohhhhh I need to get a life....

#28 hopefulvet21, Jan 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  30. pupsforseeing

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    1. What are you called on a regular basis that gets your attention (name)? oh there are many. most recently, my sign name (an "a" hand shape underneath my eye).

2. Where is your natural habitat? grew up in southern california, went to college in western pennsylvania, currently living in baja, mexico.

3. Undergrad smarts, where are/did you get them? small liberal arts school in western p.a.

4. Major, minor, not recognized major/minor? molecular biology.

5. Post bacc smarts? Program/school? n/a

6. How many times have you applied? twice.

7. Where did you apply this cycle? just uc davis.

8. What's your top choice? uc davis.

9. What do you do to fund applying to/waiting for vet school? i am currently a poor missionary...not really helping the whole "funding" part. but, when i am in the states, i work as an unregistered tech. in the meantime, i teach first grade to deaf kids.

10. In 2 sentences sum up why you deserve to be the best vet you can be? i love science and i want to serve people. the most effective and personally gratifying way i can do that is through veterinary medicine.

11. What's your dream vet job? What types, own your own practice... or work for someone? on-site vet at a guide/service dog school. or veterinary missions in a third world country.

12. Married? Children? neither, but hopefully both one day.

13. I'm sure you have at least 1 pet! Tell me about them! my golden retriever, misty, is up in the states with my parents. she's the dog i got when i was 8 and wanted a puppy. the best dog a girl could ask for.

14. Where did your screen name come from? i raise guide dogs for the blind.

15. Extracurriculars? currently? none. well, unless wiping runny noses, enforcing time-outs, and telling kids to wear their sweaters counts.

16. Any interesting hobbies? i am fluent in american sign language and mexican sign language?

17. Any totally weird habits/skills/um.... anything? i can also solve a rubix cube in less than 2 minutes :)

18. Any places that strike your fancy that you haven't been? israel.

19. Is there anything interesting that makes you unique? umm, i am pretty quirky. i have too many "isms" to identify one or another as unique or interesting.

20. Have you ever been addicted to video games/forums? only this one.

21. Is this your only forum you're a member of? yes.

31. twelvetigers

twelvetigers stabby cat

Veterinarian
    Moo, you ever seen Old Boy? Best Korean film ever...

Pups, you never cease to amaze. Hope you're enjoying the warmth down there in Mexico!

32. vnair2

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    1. What are you called on a regular basis that gets your attention (name)? Vijay

2. Where is your natural habitat? NYC

3. Undergrad smarts, where are/did you get them? UPenn

4. Major, minor, not recognized major/minor ( :idea: although you're petitioning the dean and he just won't let (insert other word i.e. boys) be a major)? Major: Digital Media Design, its a combination of computer science and fine arts. Minor: Math

5. Post bacc smarts? Program/school? NYU

6. How many times have you applied (don't be disheartened if you want it bad enough it will come! ) ? First, but probably not the last.

7. Where did you apply this cycle? UPenn - I just can't get enough of the cheesesteaks

8. What's your top choice.. :xf:? UPenn

9. What do you do to fund applying to/waiting for vet school? Buy lottery tickets and pray.

10. What's your dream vet job? What types, own your own practice... or work for someone? Mostly undecided, hopefully Ill have a couple years of vet school to figure that out. I would love to be a surgeon, but there are some...obstacles.

11. Married? Children? Not yet, but perhaps soon.

12. I'm sure you have at least 1 pet! Tell me about them! At the moment, sadly no. Life with out dogs is no life at all.

13. Where did your screen name come from? Computer scientists don't have creativity. It is my first initial and my last name followed by a 2. Why the 2? Good question.

14. Extracurriculars? In my spare time I do non professional theatrical lighting design.

15. Any interesting hobbies? See above

16. Any totally wierd habits/skills/um.... anything? :eek: ? hm...the unique ability to stare at a computer screen for long periods of time with out food, sleep, or bathroom breaks. All I require is a steady stream of pepsi.

17. Any places that strike your fancy that you haven't been to you?? Despite the indian name, I still haven't been. If only plane tickets were free or I was a much better swimmer.

18. Is there anything interesting that makes you unique... of course there is!? I worked on the motion capture for the game Rock Band. I also was one of the animators on "Where in the World is Osama Bin Laden?" (A Morgan Spurlock movie - name dropping ftw).

19. Have you ever been addicted :oops: to video games/forums? Before I decided to apply to veterinary school, I wanted to make video games, so the answer is definitely yes. I play pretty much every game on every system. Im still partial to my N64 though. Currently Im obsessed with an online space shooter called Allegiance.

21. Is this your only forum your a member of??Nope, the others are all video game forums though, and I prefer to preserve my dignity and not list them all.

33. PigCowSheep

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    1. What are you called on a regular basis that gets your attention (name)? Kelly

2. Where is your natural habitat? Iowa resident, New Hampshire for school...

3. Undergrad smarts, where are/did you get them? University of New Hampshire

4. Major, minor, not recognized major/minor ( although you're petitioning the dean and he just won't let (insert other word i.e. boys) be a major)? BS in Animal Science following pre-vet curriculum, potentially pursuing an Environmental Conservation minor - mostly so I can take Dendrology :D

5. Post bacc smarts? Program/school? nada

6. How many times have you applied (don't be disheartened if you want it bad enough it will come! ) ? will be up next cycle for the first time

7. Where did you apply this cycle? here's a rough list of where I intend to apply: ISU, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, maybe Madison, maybe Penn, maybe Massey

8. What's your top choice.. ? ISU with out a doubt for the residency :xf: if I could go anywhere though, Massey for the location!

9. What do you do to fund applying to/waiting for vet school? love my parents? that pretty much sums it up, but I have recently worked as a barn brat (stall mucker) and a pig f***er (artificial inseminator at a hog confinement) to put groceries in the fridge and textbooks on the shelf

10. In 2 sentences sum up why you deserve to be the best vet you can be... ? I deserve to be the best vet I can be because I've gotten a certain sense of satisfaction from the experiences I have had in this field that far surpasses any other accomplishment I have had to date. Nothing has come close to the feeling I got after vaccinating 40+ gilts/week or the sense of accomplishment that came with successfully taking blood samples from sows and piglets to test for PRRS.

11. What's your dream vet job? What types, own your own practice... or work for someone? I'd like to have my own food & fiber animal practice, that or be the resident large animal in someone else's practice

12. Married? no Children? no

13. I'm sure you have at least 1 pet! Tell me about them! Madigan "Maddy" 5yo Irish Setter; Sybil ~12yo rescued Gordon Setter mix; Maximum Sonny "Max" 17yo AQHA; Red Irish "Red" 15yo Quarter Pony; GQ Rock My Socks "Rocky" 7yo Quarter Horse; (Insert Name Here) "Waffles" 2yo Dutch/Rex rabbit

14. Where did your screen name come from? my food & fiber animal focus

15. Extracurriculars? UNH Wildcat Marching Band Colorguard; Beast of The East pep band; Kappa Kappa Psi (national honorary fraternity for college band members); trying out for IHSA and/or IDA this semester

16. Any interesting hobbies? I'm going skydiving for the first time this spring?

17. Any totally wierd habits/skills/um.... anything? um, I'm a serial forum-lurker?

18. Any places that strike your fancy that you haven't been to? Well, I've been there three times, but Belize tops my list. As for places I haven't been, Canada, England, Aus, New Zealand, and South Africa are all on the list.

19. Is there anything interesting that makes you unique... of course there is! ? I ran 1500 miles away to go to an undergrad that doesn't have a vet school when I live 25 minutes from ISU. I guess I needed a big change of scenery. And the relief of not going to school with all my competition for application. I'm also an only child.

20. Have you ever been addicted to video games/forums? I wouldn't use the word addicted.

21. Is this your only forum your a member of?? Nope, I also belong to SaxOnTheWeb.net where the nice saxophone people answer my stupid n00b questions regarding my tenor sax hobby

34. tnpfan

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    1. What are you called on a regular basis that gets your attention (name)? My name.

2. Where is your natural habitat? Wisconsin

3. Undergrad smarts, where are/did you get them? University of Wisconsin - Madison

4. Major, minor, not recognized major/minor Zoology/Neurobiology/Business Certificate

6. How many times have you applied? Zero, still in undergrad.

8. What's your top choice.. :xf:? It will probably be Wisconsin for the instate tuition. (Plus, I love Madison)

9. What do you do to fund applying to/waiting for vet school? Loans. Lots and lots of loans.

10. What's your dream vet job? What types, own your own practice... or work for someone? Not sure yet, maybe lab or zoo animal?

11. Married? Children? Hopefully both one day.

12. I'm sure you have at least 1 pet! Tell me about them! Welsh Springer Spaniel and a Siberian cat.

13. Where did your screen name come from? TNP is the acronym of a band of which I am a fan.

14. Extracurriculars? Mainly the University of Wisconsin Sailing Team

15. Any interesting hobbies? Sailing, backpacking, kayaking, anything that involves being outside.

16. Any totally wierd habits/skills/um.... anything? :eek: ? I can talk in a really deep/dramatic voice just like the guy who speaks in movie trailers. So if vet school doesn't work out I always have that going for me...

17. Any places that strike your fancy that you haven't been to you?? I love traveling; I'll go anywhere.

18. Is there anything interesting that makes you unique... of course there is!? Too much to list.

19. Have you ever been addicted :oops: to video games/forums? Yes/Yes

21. Is this your only forum your a member of?? Nope

35. twelvetigers

twelvetigers stabby cat

Veterinarian
    The New Pornographers?? :love:

36. aussiered

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    1. What do you come to? Annette, Netty

2. Where is your natural habitat? Townsville, Queensland, Australia

3. Undergrad smarts, where are/did you get them? University of Queensland

4. Major, minor, not recognized major/minor? Veterinary Technology

5. Post bacc smarts? Program/school? N/A

6. How many times have you applied? This is my first time

7. Where did you apply this cycle? James Cook University, Charles Sturt University, Murdoch University and University of Adelaide - all Australian

8. What's your top choice...? James Cook, it's in my home town and I wouldn't have to move, I could also keep my job part time

9. What do you do to fund applying to/waiting for vet school? I'm a Vet Nurse - worked nights at an emergency centre while I was studying and have been full time at a mixed practice for the past two years

10. In 2 sentences sum up why you deserve to be the best vet you can be...? Because... I've wanted this forever. There is not a day for as long as I can remember when I didn't think "I really want to be a vet".

11. What's your dream vet job? What types, own your own practice... or work for someone? The vet in a small country town where I will have a variety of clients and patients.

12. Married? Children? No and no

13. I'm sure you have at least 1 pet! Tell me about them!
    Bonnie my two year old Border Collie, my velcro dog, my heart dog, my best friend. I can't even explain what I have with this dog, we just clicked the day we met and I know she came to me at just the right time in my life and she's taught me so much already...

Bluey my 10 year old Kelpie. The dog that listened to my problems all through high school, and more, and is always there with a grin and a crazy tail wag when I need him - but definately my Dad's dog.

Chiko my 10 year old DSH. My twin, everybody cracks up when they meet her because apparently personality-wise she is my double :)

Gib, the Thoroughbred gelding with whom I've had a love/hate relationship with for the past 7 years. He has taught me patience.... and we don't exactly always get along. But I love him too much to let him go.

And Frankie and Marley my crazy cockatiels.

14. Where did your screen name come from? I'm Australian and I have a red and white Border Collie (an Australian ee red - not the type you guys call reds) - It's my screen name in a Border Collie forum too

15. Extracurriculars? Dog agility, horseriding

16. Any interesting hobbies? Not really, I'm interested in photography and getting better at it...

17. Any totally weird habits/skills/um.... anything?? not really... kinda boring...

18. Any places that strike your fancy that you haven't been to you?? I want to see Australia before I see the world. I can't wait to see Kununurra in Western Australia next or drive the Great Ocean Road... I love my country!

19. Is there anything interesting that makes you unique... of course there is!? nope...

20. Have you ever been addicted to video games/forums? not really, until SDN...

21. Is this the only forum you're a member of?? nah, I'm a member of a couple of dog and horse forums too.

37. 3dogsand2cats

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    [B]1. What are you called on a regular basis that gets your attention (name)? [/B] Casey

2. Where is your natural habitat? NC

3. Undergrad smarts, where are/did you get them? East Carolina University

4. Major, minor, not recognized major/minor 2 Majors: Health Education and Promotion, BS and Biology, BS

5. Post bacc smarts? Program/school? None

[B]6. How many times have you applied (don't be disheartened if you want it bad enough it will come! Second time

[B]7. Where did you apply this cycle? Virginia Tech (got rejected), NCSU (No news yet), MSU (Interview on FEB 19):D

[B]8. What's your top choice.. :xf:?
    NCSU

9. What do you do to fund applying to/waiting for vet school? Vet tech, pet sitter, estate care taker

10. In 2 sentences sum up why you deserve to be the best vet you can be... :thumbup: ? B/C I didn't work my butt off all this time for nothin' LOL

[B]11. What's your dream vet job? What types, own your own practice... or work for someone?
    Laboratory Medicine

[B]12. Married? Children?
    Engaged

3 dogs... Poof Spitz mix 7 yrs., Foxy who knows mix 10 yrs., Buddy Pointer mix 3 yrs. 2 cats Puddin 8 yrs and velcro 3 yrs
    see above lol
    15. Extracurriculars? Volunteering with the local humane society

16. Any interesting hobbies? I love shooting sporting clays

17. Any totally wierd habits/skills/um.... anything? :eek: ?I like to sing in the shower does that count?

18. Any places that strike your fancy that you haven't been to you?? Hawaii

19. Is there anything interesting that makes you unique... of course there is! :love: ? Can't think of a good comment

20. Have you ever been addicted :oops: to video games/forums? Dr. Mario on Wii I love this game and Cranium even tho thats a board game I love that one TOO!

21. :sleep: Is this your only forum your a member of??[/QUOTE]
    yep only one

38. tnpfan

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    Indeed. Twelve cool points for you! :thumbup:

39. twelvetigers

twelvetigers stabby cat

Veterinarian
    Wooo! Twelve is a good number. Dunno why the username never registered with me before, or I'd have PM'ed you I'm sure. Unobservant!