kd5

15+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2001
Fl, U.S.A.
Status (Visible)
HI! I've recently heard that two polish med. schools (one in krakow and one in pozan) have four year m.d. programs that are taught in english. This is obviously targetting the american and canadian students who are forced to look elsewhere than the U.S.
However, if one were to have family there, does anyone have any news/info about whether considering either of these schools is a possibly good idea or a bad idea? The schools boast high usmle I & II pass rates...but how believable can these be? since i have family in poland, this may be a better investment than a carib. med. school...i think.

Annette

gainfully employed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 24, 1999
The Land of Lincoln
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I also considered a Polish school, but because the patients speak Polish, you need to be able to as well. I was told that they were quite a bargin (I was told about $5,000 for tuition over 4 years). Check with the Polish Embassy or Consulate for more info on these school. And as with all non-US schools, caveat emptor!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.