how 'bout them polish med schools???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kd5

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI! I've recently heard that two polish med. schools (one in krakow and one in pozan) have four year m.d. programs that are taught in english. This is obviously targetting the american and canadian students who are forced to look elsewhere than the U.S.
However, if one were to have family there, does anyone have any news/info about whether considering either of these schools is a possibly good idea or a bad idea? The schools boast high usmle I & II pass rates...but how believable can these be? since i have family in poland, this may be a better investment than a carib. med. school...i think.

Members don't see this ad.

I also considered a Polish school, but because the patients speak Polish, you need to be able to as well. I was told that they were quite a bargin (I was told about $5,000 for tuition over 4 years). Check with the Polish Embassy or Consulate for more info on these school. And as with all non-US schools, caveat emptor!