1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

How can I add something to my application?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by tryingagain, Sep 1, 2002.

1. tryingagain

tryingagain Soon to have no life
    10+ Year Member

So I turned in all of my secondaries about 2-3 weeks ago. I was talking to my uncle, who is a radiologist, about medical school. I told him that I applied to the University in his city where he is located and asked him what he knew about it. He told me that my aunt (his wife) is an associate professor there!!!

She is a pediatrician in the area. I should have called and found this info out before I submitted but I didn't. Ouch!!!

So my question is how can I put this information on the secondary application at this school? If I call them will they fill it in for me??? Or am I just SOL bigtime?

Please let me know! I am in dire need of direction.+pissed+

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Did their secondary ask about your affiliation with the school? If so, and you left it blank, simply write them a letter and tell them you forgot to include this piece of information. Any written correspondence you have with the school will be placed in your file. If they did not ask, then maybe you don't need to let them know.

4. Kovox

Kovox Going Places
    7+ Year Member

You should send a written notice.

However, I am not sure if having an aunt associated with the school would make a difference. I asked the admissions dean for UNC about this and she said that "Immediate" family is only factored into admissions....cousins, aunts, uncles...would not be considered immediate family.

Anyways, it's worth a shot.