how can i contribute to a school's educational environment?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jiten

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys!
when a schools asks for a quesion like this during an interview...what are we supposed to say? Please give me a few suggestions...
thanks...
Jiten:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

You're asking me what YOU can contribute?

...Gee I dunno...:p

There are no cookie cutter answers for this question. Take a look at who you are and what you've done...surely there is something about you that makes you unique that you can contribute. Take that and run with it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think med school is a tad like MBA school in the fact that they assemble a group of poeple with diverse backgrounds so everyoen can learn from each other. Not so much in medschool is this the case but they defintly do it somewhat and i think that is the key to taht answer. That is hwo i answer.. just talk about hwo u would mkae the class different, and therefore make a more wellrounded class. ie. if u have a differnt major other than bio like english or business! or if u have worked in another country so you can contribute your knowledge of USA. v. X country etc make ure self sound diverse.

Originally posted by UCLAMAN
There are no cookie cutter answers for this question. Take a look at who you are and what you've done...surely there is something about you that makes you unique that you can contribute. Take that and run with it.

And you shouldn't make a cookie cutter answer even if there was one. :p

Ive had to answer this question in several essays and what I usually say involves things that make me unique such as hobbies, research etc..........in other words, stuff that not many other people do that will make you unique and increase the "diversity" of the student class.

Jetson