how can I fax during scramble if I waived my right to see the LORs, ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Depressed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have waived my right to see the LORs, how can I request a copy of these letters for faxing during scramble?

Members don't see this ad.

I have waived my right to see the LORs, how can I request a copy of these letters for faxing during scramble?

Due to many applications received in scramble. The program fax machine can not handle all those oncoming papers. Most programs need just few things e.g C.V with board scores to screen applications (Programs say it frankly, if you send any thing more, we will not consider you). If they are interested, simply they can download the application from ERAS. Other programs will ask to apply through ERAS or Find A resident and so on. It is not an advantage to have all LORs in hand. Usually the first come the first served in scramble with or without LORs.

Thanks a lot for the info. In that case, I don't need to write a separate personal statement for each potential specialty either, right?

Thanks a lot for the info. In that case, I don't need to write a separate personal statement for each potential specialty either, right?

No, you have to write as many PS as you can for any potential program you will apply to (30 maximum). You can save them in your ERAS profile even from today and prepare every thing possible. Write and print out a very condensed CV (not more than one page) containing; personal information, USMLE scores, trials, dates, medical school, grades, any clinical rotations, publications ….etc all as pullets. Start to collect data for potential programs (low tier programs) and their requirements; USMLE scores, trials, maximum years of graduation, certain rotations and so on. If the program will not fill in the main match, the requirements will not change or even will be more worse e.g if USMLE score is 80 minimum, in scramble it may be 85 not under any circumstances 76 and so on. Exactly like the candidates who are depressed those programs are more depressed and this will be obvious from their reaction to applicants. Follow other advice in this forum regarding scramble and good luck.

I think you would do well to write a different personal statement for each specialty to which you will be applying. However, there's no reason to write a different personal statement for each individual program.