How can I get a job as a Dental Assistant with no license (Florida)?

Oct 2, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I know it is possible in states that do not require a license or graduation from a dental assisting program, but I guess my question is how can I stand out? What can I say on my cover letter/do to get an opportunity at a position. I have tried to apply to several positions that do not require a license, but I just find it hard for employers to hire me over someone who has already been a dental assistant.

My main thing is that I have a year or so before dental school, so I want to work in the dental field and make some money too as I prepare for the large debt burden of dental school.

memelover

2+ Year Member
May 15, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I don't know about all FQHCs, but the Florida FQHC I am volunteering for has hired pre-dentals (like, college students) to become part-time dental assistants before. Public health clinics might be a good place to start looking!

Apr 17, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
The Dr I work for finds his assistants through the pre-dental society at my university. I would reach out to the president and maybe the advisor of your club to see if they know anyone looking for a student to hire!

omaralt

15+ Year Member
May 31, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
where are you located? you dont need to be licensed. i'm looking for an assistant in tampa

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.