How can I get my hands on the Kaplan FL MCAT tests? + other questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted760180

Hi,

I need to start preparing for the MCAT. How do I get the FL tests everyone's buzzing on about?

How about the AAMC ones? Also, I've been looking at the Kaplan 7 book + online pack, could anyone who used that tell me what that's all about?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Google MCAT related material on reddit, good reviews on there. AAMC material can be found on the AAMC site. I think you can only get Kaplan tests as a package with the Kaplan books. Would do a quick search on how to get those too.

How about the AAMC ones? Also, I've been looking at the Kaplan 7 book + online pack, could anyone who used that tell me what that's all about?

All test prep companies will prepare you adequately content-wise for the MCAT. There's no need to go out and buy multiple sets of books unless you have spare money laying around. I personally used the Kaplan 7-book series and it prepared me adequately content-wise for the MCAT. It also comes with three free FLs online. Those FLs are not too representative so use it to get your timing down in test-like conditions. But no test prep companies' FLs are any more representative so you don't really have good alternatives out there.

The key is to do AAMC materials (FLs, Section Bank) and use Khan Academy B/BC and P/S to supplement.

I agree with aldol16. I've only used the Kaplan 7-book series and much prefer it to EK and TBR which I've used in the past. I can't speak for EK as far as the new MCAT but for the old MCAT, i thought it was a joke. TBR was...no. Everyone is different so it's up to you, the content you already know, and your learning style.

I don't like using a bunch of different companies, I just wanted to buy one thing and stick with it. Haven't taken my exam yet but in comparison to a few years ago, I feel a lot more prepared now. Good luck, whatever you decide!