1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

How can I improve my Reading Comp. score?

Discussion in 'PCAT Discussions' started by PBuster, Jul 27, 2011.

1. PBuster

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Seriously, this is the only section that I didn't do so well at. I was fairly confident in my answers too and yet I managed a 40th percentile score. Had I done better, my composite score just might break 90.
    I wasn't quite sure if I did badly due to me misunderstanding the question or not reading the passage carefully.
    Would anyone like to offer tips on how to improve?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. terk

terk PharmD IV Candidate
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Did you feel like you understand the passages well and had enough time for it? If it's a problem with understanding the passages, you should probably practice reading more. Otherwise, I would suggest you practice with Pearson practice tests or with Kaplan, essentially any material that explains the answer in details. Don't rely too much on your memory when you answer a question; check it back with the passage. Once you are used to the type of questions and know how to look out for "trick" answers, you'll probably do better.

4. gotgame740

7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I must say this is the best advice I've seen for the RC section. Now that you mention it, the Pearson practice tests were pretty helpful because you get to see what kind of questions they ask and what kind of answers they're looking for.