how can i look up my DEA number?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

erasable

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I misplaced my DEA number. And the residency office is closed this weekend. How can I find my DEA number?

Members don't see this ad.

oxycontin.jpg

haha. very funny. Except that number's no good without my signature.

-_- Can someone please advise me how I can look up my own DEA number?

Thanks.

haha. very funny. Except that number's no good without my signature.

-_- Can someone please advise me how I can look up my own DEA number?

Thanks.

Medical students don't have DEA numbers.

However, given that you most likely have not changed your status, I assume you are now a resident.

Do you have your own DEA # (requiring a full and unrestricted license) or are you talking about an institutional DEA?

If it is the former, you should be able to look it up by logging in on the DOJ website or find your certificate. If its the latter, I'm sure your hospital pharmacy has record of it.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I don't think there's an easy way to look this up online. The DEA website doesn't have that capability, and apparently there are online databases of DEA numbers, but they require a subscription.

Call your hospital's in-house pharmacy. they may have them.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I don't think there's an easy way to look this up online. The DEA website doesn't have that capability, and apparently there are online databases of DEA numbers, but they require a subscription.

You're right. I just renewed mine and thought you could log in with your SSN and other info, but it appears that the # is required to log in.

Usually u get ur DEA from ur hospital pharmacy and you have to be there in person if you google your name you should be able to see your NPI but not DEA

Call your hospital's in-house pharmacy...
As others said, they should have it. They need it to document for the physicians ordering medications within the hospital and such.

And this is why you memorize it.
I have not memorized a single one of my DEA fed or state or NPI. I got too much floating in my brain already. I do however keep it in a handy place to reference it.