How can I practice for CARS? I got a 123 on my MCAT and a 503 composite

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoPenguinsGo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My individual section scores are:

Chem/Phys: 128 (86 percentile) (would like better)
CARS: 123 (35 percentile ewwww)
Bio: 125 (55 percentile still eww)
Psych/Soc: 127 ( 75 percentile would like better)

Also: I'm going to work on Bio and Psych/Soc too. Should I also work on Chem/Phys too or is a 128 good enough to leave alone?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi GoPenguinsGo!

I know the CARS can be particularly frustrating, but there is hope! You CAN learn how to do well on the CARS with the right instruction. Over the last few years, we've put together a fairly popular (275,000+ views) and comprehensive CARS course here on SDN. Check it out and please leave us any questions you have! You can do this!!

Testing Solutions' 30 Day Guide to MCAT CARS Success

Last edited:
I would suggest using the AAMC CARS practice pack and listening to the next step mcat podcast (you don’t need to buy any of their stuff, the podcast is free). That combo really helped me bring up my score and I ended up getting a 130. Honestly, use the AAMC prep for most of it. I think everyone gets caught up on the content, which is a big part of it, yes, but in reality a lot of it is being able to read the questions the way they want you to.

Members don't see this ad :)