How can we get universal healthcare in the United States?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
well at least we can agree on some thing.

Members don't see this ad.

We gotta start somewhere. Although we won't be able to have any sort of discussion about anything else because you don't know anything about how things work, and also refuse to learn.

Example: not that long ago we explained to you how we absolutely do not have a democracy and majority rule sucks, and yet tonight you were back about how we have a democracy and majority rule.

Reactions: 1 users
That's how it was taught to me. I didn't just make it up

Members don't see this ad :)
How this thread is still going legitimately blows my mind. You people may as well be arguing with anti-vaxxers in here...

Reactions: 1 user
Nah that different. ppl that don't wanna take vaccinations put everybody at risk and should be locked up

What? You gotta a problem with gay ppl? My brother gay. He aint no different than anyone else. What that got to do with anything either? Let stay on topic.

Nobody tryin to steal money. Just about having fairness and equality. Ideas our country was based on.
but you literally, not figuratively, want to take their money

Equality of money was not at all what the country was founded on

A lot of it need to be changed. that all im saying. We got the affordable healthcare act going which is a huge step in the right direction to make everyone healthy, but it needs to keep going. We need to keep going with Michelles healthy food initiative. Some kids only eat food at school, and it should be good food for them. not that trash they gave us when I was in school
The ACA is not a good idea

And a parent should feed their kids, not the school
Nah that different. ppl that don't wanna take vaccinations put everybody at risk and should be locked up
I believe vaccinations work but some who doesn’t vaccinate harms me less than someone who wants to take my money

Reactions: 1 users
but you literally, not figuratively, want to take their money

Equality of money was not at all what the country was founded on

The ACA is not a good idea

And a parent should feed their kids, not the school
I believe vaccinations work but some who doesn’t vaccinate harms me less than someone who wants to take my money
I agree wit you. Parents should feed they kids but some don’t. So those kids shouldn’t be punished because they parents are stupid.

I agree wit you. Parents should feed they kids but some don’t. So those kids shouldn’t be punished because they parents are stupid.
If you don’t feed your kids they should be taken from you

I agree but sometimes they not. The government often does too little
The answer to that particular “too little” is to take kids from parents if they aren’t being fed as opposed to enabling that behavior

The answer to that particular “too little” is to take kids from parents if they aren’t being fed as opposed to enabling that behavior
Well I agree there. Should take them and the kids that have parents that refuse to vaccinate them. Glad we are finally agreeing

During my "vacation" did they delete the sociopolitical thread or am I blind?
It has been unlisted because the avg user here apparently can’t handle dissenting opinion. If you put the subforum under “watched” or just save a link to your favorites you can see it

No one has a right to someone else’s time or goods. If you cannot afford it and cannot find someone to donate it, you don’t get it.

I love reading all your comments in the voice of Ron Swanson in my head

Reactions: 2 users
That class sounds allwhite to me. I’d love to learn about a bunch of old racists enslaved my ancestors, but I think I’m gonna take a class about my people. If it isn’t a prereq I’m not taking it. Taking sociology, African history, general biology, laboratory, and math

Bumping an old thread here but this guy's statement here really stood out to me. It highlights the insane amount of brainwashing that is taking place in our public schools to indoctrinate kids like him to a certain way of thinking. @AnatomyGrey12 suggested he take actual useful courses which will teach him the history behind the foundation of this great nation and how things work in the Govt. His response to that suggestion was that these courses are racist, and encourage white supremacy.

I want everyone to pause and really analyze Tjindahouse's response here. Without even giving it a second thought he immediately disregarded it due to an instilled defense mechanism imprinted into his mind by today's heavily left leaning school system. This is a carefully thought out deterrent from the truth that the left has devised to keep young kids like him from even touching the surface of reality. That deterrent is disguised as racism and white supremacy. By associating real and practical historical documents/concepts with white supremacy.. the left successfully keeps young high school and college kids into a one dimensional state of mind. One that is aligned with the ideals of the radical left.

This is a perfect example of that. Holy ****. The brainwashing seems to be actually working and I'm really fearful of how it will shape the future and which direction this country is headed if people like him vote for those radical left ideals.

Oh and before anyone assumes anything. I am not white, I am Indian (brown).

just my 2 cents.

Reactions: 2 users
A single payer system in the USA would result in a two tiered health system like in England. Private practices would cater to corporate health plans with better wait times and hospitals and medications, (and outcomes?). The second parallel health system would be more like a “Medicaid for all”.
In the end, most of us will be just fine, as compared to other economic sectors.
I personally support private cottage practices with; better site of service payments , patient centered care, and interstate insurance plans for patients and my staff....

Don’t we already have it? Nobody is turned away from emergency rooms, no matter how trivial their complaint/symptoms may be.

Don’t we already have it? Nobody is turned away from emergency rooms, no matter how trivial their complaint/symptoms may be.
Say this during a medical school interview, and I can like 99% guarantee that they’ll reject you. Friendly advice, get to know this topic well. Wish I had time to explain it to you, but the concept is complex and long