How can you afford dental school applications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LuckyMiner

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I only think I will be applying to 5 or less personally, parents are paying...
Well, for college you get a LOT of grants and loans, so that makes up for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm starting to get my application together for dental school, and I'm overwhelmed by how much it costs to apply. My parents don't make much money so I can't ask them to pay. How is everyone else paying for it? Parents? Student financial aid? A part-time job? Credit cards?

Ideally with my stats I'd like to apply to quite a few schools, but I think I might just apply to 3-4 and hope for the best.

luckily for me aadsas accepted visa

I'm starting to get my application together for dental school, and I'm overwhelmed by how much it costs to apply. My parents don't make much money so I can't ask them to pay. How is everyone else paying for it? Parents? Student financial aid? A part-time job? Credit cards?

Ideally with my stats I'd like to apply to quite a few schools, but I think I might just apply to 3-4 and hope for the best.

You can try taking out loans, I know some that did exactly that.

I budgeted for it a year in advance. I saved about $5000 for the whole process and it was worth it!

Reactions: 1 user
Visa & Mastercard, baby.

should be able to pay it all off this summer tho.

Whenever I get offered subsidized loans I take the full amount even if I don't need it. So far I have about $4,000 worth of loans sitting in my money market making me 5%, and I won't have to pay interest on it until I graduate.

Depending on your stats, but you should at least apply to 5-8 schools....(even with a 23AA I would still apply to at LEAST 5). good luck!

they have financial aid for the application.

http://www.adea.org/aadsas/default.htm

The link you provided is almost useless. If you are linking to a page to show that the ADEA has financial aid for the application process, use a link that points to the exact page, or at least something close. You linked to the home page! That's like me saying you can find out information about the ADEA and finance assistance here

Also, I believe that you or your family have to show EXTREME need (below federal poverty line) to even think of getting a dime.

The link you provided is almost useless. If you are linking to a page to show that the ADEA has financial aid for the application process, use a link that points to the exact page, or at least something close. You linked to the home page! That's like me saying you can find out information about the ADEA and finance assistance here

Also, I believe that you or your family have to show EXTREME need (below federal poverty line) to even think of getting a dime.

lol. Too true.

Whenever I get offered subsidized loans I take the full amount even if I don't need it. So far I have about $4,000 worth of loans sitting in my money market making me 5%, and I won't have to pay interest on it until I graduate.

ditto

Actually, I heard some laws are changing and for medical school at least, students have to start paying while IN medical school. It was something about how they are getting paid (but a very small amount). I hope that doesn't happen to us.

Actually, I heard some laws are changing and for medical school at least, students have to start paying while IN medical school. It was something about how they are getting paid (but a very small amount). I hope that doesn't happen to us.

That is probably a rumor. I believe all the contracts for stafford and perkins loans are the same country wide, and in the contract itself, it spells out very specifically that you have like 6 months after you graduate until your first payment, or 6 months after not attending school, and an extension can be taken if you attend a graduate or professional school.

I've saved up about $1500 bucks over a year, working at my part time job. My parents are going to help me out with the rest. Probably $2500ish. If all else fails, I'll sell a kidney.

sorry, totally my fault. i meant to post this link.

http://www.adea.org/webdocs/AADSAS/FRP.pdf