How can you rote memorize ?????!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alaaz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my 3rd year in medical school

The first year and the 2nd were not as heavy as the third year and i've found in my 3rd year that my method is actually one of the worst

How do you study and remember the material , for me now as soon as i turn the page i go blank !!

I can't remember nothing , 0 , not even a thing most of the time so this is now how u study

I read a section let's say like this :

Fanconi anemia is due to an anomaly in dna reperase
- it is a an autosomic recessive disease

I read this two phrases , repeat in my head while looking away one or twice then go to the next section

Members don't see this ad.

Idk, but I want to know your secret for how you got through boards without being able to do rote memorization.

Not being rude, just legitimately curious about your method.

Reactions: 2 users
Idk, but I want to know your secret for how you got through boards without being able to do rote memorization.

Not being rude, just legitimately curious about your method.

In first and secpnd year you have like 1/3 of the material you cover in 3rd year

You can repeat the material even 10 times and become a freaking master of physiology,anatomy,biochimestry

But in 3rd year on

Members don't see this ad :)
In first and secpnd year you have like 1/3 of the material you cover in 3rd year

You can repeat the material even 10 times and become a freaking master of physiology,anatomy,biochimestry

But in 3rd year on

Is this a US medical school?

The general consensus I've heard about 3rd year (I just finished 2nd year) is that it's more total work but much less studying than first two years.

Is this a US medical school?

The general consensus I've heard about 3rd year (I just finished 2nd year) is that it's more total work but much less studying than first two years.

Seems like it. He had another thread in allo asking pretty much the same question.

What kind of medical school did you attend that Fanconi Anemia was not covered in preclinical or in board study? How did you cover only a 1/3 of what you did the first two years?

Last edited:
Nah, homeboy isn't in US. In his/her allo thread, in one of his/ her responses he/she replies with "in my country.."

Yah, that makes sense why this seemed so confusing. Fanconi anemia is something i've learned and forgotten like 3 times this year lol.

Reactions: 2 users
Nah, homeboy isn't in US. In his/her allo thread, in one of his/ her responses he/she replies with "in my country.."

My bad, meant to say not from this country. I think I read the question as not from US, for some weird reason.

Reactions: 1 user
You have to use more active learning techniques. I remember first 2 years I would mix group studying with studying alone because I felt in the group that we would make up funny stuff or whatever else would help memorize things..so I would tie memories to the facts. For third year you have the patients you see be those memories.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user